Reccie/Activation trip in Sept

Guest Christine999

Guest Christine999

Hi all

We got our visas in Dec 2012 and have booked flights for sept to activate it and do a reccie trip.

we are going for 3 weeks and will be staying in mandurah as we have a regional visa so cannot stay in central Perth. I could stay with my family in Joondalup but we won't be able to live there so wanted to do a more realistic trip.

we plan on trying to email companies a few months before we go out to try and make some contacts maybe see if anyone will be willing to meet up with my husband to discuss any work opportunities or even better an interview.

has anyone else done similar to this, when you did your reccie trip did you manage to speak to anyone in regards to work? Did you get offered a job?

As well as looking at work we will be renting a house instead of staying with family so we can get a feel for what it's like to live here, doing the normal things like food shopping and cleaning instead of having someone cook and clean for you. We also plan on looking around different areas we are allowed to stay within our visa requirements.

Did anyone look round schools if they have children? Our daughter will be two this year and we have to start thinking ahead.

any advice would be welcome

thanks christine

Hi Christine

You certainly seem to have your head screwed on right..... spending the three weeks as you are planning to will certainly give you an idea of life living in the you are planning of moving to, however, do still be aware that three weeks will only give you a "taster" - a realistic taster mind you. I actually wouldnt worry too much about schools until you know where your husband is going to be working and where you will be living.

Good Luck!