your shipping quotes?

bwatt99

Hey guys in the process of getting quotes for my shipping to australia on a 20ft container,i was wondering if anyone on here has been through this recently and if so what thee best quotes was,i know there are many reasons why one quote can be more or less than another persons quotes but just wanted an idea.

To date crown came first and they was quick said that afternoon what it be £4826,i have since had white and company who has just got back to me £4479 and im waiting for pickfords to get back to me today hopefully on a price.

I have heard stories about whites in damages etc and i then have heard about crown also,i feel crown is maybe the best out of the two but then im dont know this,i have not even haggled with any yet.

Thes both include customs fees over in oz or should i say this is door to to door prices.

There is one other company thats coming next week but i have read they are really expensive but i will have them come anyway and one company said they not sure when as they need to check when someone is in scotland,There are other companys that just cant come cause they are based too far away and said get a local quote with volume and they give a price,this is not easy as my stuff is in storage and really they have not said what volume just said it be tight with a 20ft and maybe need to be prepared to leave stuff behind.

I would like to know of these two who you have used your experience and who you would pick,and who knows i may even be able to get crown to match,would be the ones to go with.

I am also considering a 40ft container as i have extra items i could take and wanted to know what your quotes was on this,this is a maybe right now,but maybe an options i could go for,so nothing is left behind.

Companies that would not come for a vsurvey was:

brittania

john mason.

anglo

pps may have someone in scotland but not sure.

I just feel that if they dont come to do a survey then they are not worth considering,whats your thoughts

We had PSS and Pockfords quote for our move from Edinburgh to Perth.

initially PSS seemed cheaper, but that had so many variable costs that we were so uncertain what the cost would be. When we got a revision closer to the date it went up by£600 and even then were subject to change. We went back for a revision with Pickfords and they were cheaper and fixed the price, so I would give them a chance.

dont get insurance through the removalists though. They are much more expensive and actually cover very little .

weve used http://www.insure-your-move.com. Much cheaper and covers more.