Ahpra help please

Edzi

Hi, I have got to my ahpra cv but I am just struggling with it. Can anyone help:- For clinical procedural skills I have put - Clinical/ProceduralSkills

Assessment,planning, implementation and evaluation of care.

Wound care,administering medications,( including IV, topical, sublingual, subcutaneous,IM, oral, rectal), male/female catheterisation, removal of sutures and staples,manual evacuation (bowel care), tracheotomy change, Picc line flush, documentation,communication, venepuncture, falls assessment, must tool, maelor scoring, IVIfluids, monitor vital signs including blood pressure, pulse, temperature,saturation levels, administer blood transfusion including autologous blood,removal of drains, monitor fluid electrolyte balance, remove vaginal packs,bladder irrigation tubes, pressure ulcer prevention, administering enemas,oxygen therapy, health promotion, gastrostomy tube flushing, blood glucosetesting and administration of insulin, venous thromo-embolism assessment, PCA. (this is only in rough yet).

But then it asks me for work history and then my responsibilities so what do i put there then because I thought that was the same as above. Anyone any help or advice please.

• 7 months later...
Guest Janner

Hi guys first post on PP

looked at APHRA requirements for the first time today...Arrrrgh!!!!

i know it's dead cheeky Tanith but would really appreciate a glimpse of your CV too...or any ideas anyone else could share.

have been in the same post for 13 years so have to start from scratch with the whole CV thing ...Eek!

Guest annaknechtel

Hi my name is Anna, I'm jus beginning my application to APHRA, exciting!! Although the form is a monster to complete doesnt make it very easy for us British Nurses to complete. Just wondering if anyone has any tips or advice in filling in it correctly, the best way to post it etc :)

Thank You, Anna x

I would just not do it after a night shift! I sent mine off without half the right info, so if I had to do it all again (knowing my personality) I'd make sure I had all the relevant documents first, signed by a jp, you also need a letter off employers, confirming employment. It has to state your job role (they accepted RMN for me) oh and contact the NMC for a statement of good practice. Apparently you an download the form off the internet - that will cut out a week. It's taken a month for me to get all their stuff sorted and once AHPRA receive your application they start a clock on how long you can have all your stuff getting sorted for (though I have had mine extended!)

I hope that makes sense, I have been travelling for a day and a half though so if it doesn't just let me know and I'll try to explain it better!

• 2 years later...
Hi there, I am really sorry to bother you but I am in the middle of completing my CV for AHPRA registration. Would it be possible to see you CV at all/sample CV? Thank you!!!

Hi Love this is a really old thread from 2 years ago, my CV has been changed many times since I did the version for ahpra , will be on the computer tomorrow and will see if I have a copy of what I sent to them , but I'm really not sure I still have the one that pertains to that application any more. Will see what I can do. All the best and good luck. Tanith