Going ahead of the family

Kev Rad

Just a quick question to see if anyone has gone out ahead of the rest of the family and how that goes in the UK with finances etc. Obviously things are going to be tight trying to keep the house here going till it sells and keeping myself going in Oz.

I'm not one to try to get anything I'm not entitled to but as I will officially be a PR in Oz would my wife be able to get reduced Council Tax or some tax credits etc.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kev

hiya. my husband is currently in perth, having been there 12 weeks already. He went out ahead to seek employment and has done that :) we are hoping to get our pr visa through soon so we can join him. he is on WHV and i am entitled to tax credits here as they class me as a lone parent due to hubby been outside of UK. just give them a ring and they will set you straight :)

hiya. my husband is currently in perth, having been there 12 weeks already. He went out ahead to seek employment and has done that :) we are hoping to get our pr visa through soon so we can join him. he is on WHV and i am entitled to tax credits here as they class me as a lone parent due to hubby been outside of UK. just give them a ring and they will set you straight :)

What does hubbie do if you don't mind me asking?

Hi Hope you don't mind me asking do you work? Were the tax office OK with you when you told them you were home alone and did you tell them your hubby was in Oz? Just so we know before we try to get it all sorted.

Cheers

Kev

Hi Hope you don't mind me asking do you work? Were the tax office OK with you when you told them you were home alone and did you tell them your hubby was in Oz? Just so we know before we try to get it all sorted.

Cheers

Kev

i don't work no and they were fine with it! hubby is a carpenter :)

i don't work no and they were fine with it! hubby is a carpenter :)

Hi there

My husband is also a carpenter and the plan once we get our PR is for him to go first and me to follow a few months later once has has secured work. Your story has cheered me up as I am worried about the down turn over there - so did your hubby get a job easily and do you mind me asking what he is doing over there? Did he apply for a job, or go to a building site direct - just wondering how he got the job. Thanks for any info you can give :)

hiya,

my husband is doing carpentry and he got a job through a friend of a friend of a friend. before that, he had trawled around various building sites and went to recruitment agencies and handed in his cv. work is available out there, just tell hubby to be persistent, offer a weeks free trial etc. good luck :) my hubby has been out there 12 weeks already on a WHV and we are hoping our pr comes through quickly so we can all be back together again as our kids are missing him terribly as am i :( i am glad we have done it this way though because how bad would it be to move out there as a family and be out of work for months. stick at it and stay strong :)