Movecube

libbyw

I'm after some advice on people who have used a move cube who shipped their belonging to Perth. I'm a little unsure on whether my stuff will fit in. I have the dimensions of the move cube but its hard to imagine if it will fit until everything is dismantled. I have a small sideboard, double bed with mattress, bunk beds with 2 single mattresses and a single Metal frame bed with mattress. I also have a tumble dryer and washing machine. All beds can be dismantled. This is based on a large move cube. What do you think or am I mad in thinking this will fit in.

I've looked at these myself. If you have a look at PIO and search movecube, you'll see some pictures showing you how much you can fit in.

It sounds like your gear will fit in but the pictures will give you a better idea.

Sorry I can't give you the link, doing this from my phone and can't get to the computer.

I had a large move cube and it fits loads in! The beds can be put in with the mattresses on their side, and the dismantled beds too. Depending on how wide the bed frame parts are, you will be able to fit the tumble dryer and washing machines in alongside. It depends how big the sideboard is as to where you would put it, but then you've also got the room above the tumble dryer and washing machine to put stuff in. I fit loads in my move cube and still had room. In hindsight I should have put more stuff in as I had excess baggage on my flight over!

Thanks redsquare, I'll have a look.

Thanks fifi69, I think I'm gonna have to kick my daughter into her sisters bedroom so I can use her room to measure it out, the only thing is I don't fancy dismantling all the beds to put back up again as still using them. I could take all my mattresses off as these are easy to slip back onto the beds and then measure the bed frames to see if it will fit, so that way it will give me a better idea. Laurahen that's great to hear, be great if I can fit more in as I do have a few boxes that I would like to put in, but not as important as the other things. My sideboard is 122cm in length and 41cm in width, I'm planning on putting shoes and clothes in this so i can make use of the space. Did you use mattress covers to protect them and also do you have any other tips?

thanks guys really appreciate it :)

My advice would be to pack stuff inside cabinets etc, to save space. I put a chest of drawers in whole with bedding and pillows in the drawers. I took the handles off and faced the chest of drawers against my mattress, then the back of the chest of drawers was against boxes. You want to pack in as much as possible in case it all moves about in the cube while its in transit. You need to list all the items in the move cube on their paper work, so I numbered all the items and said what was in each.

hope that helps!

• 2 months later...

Just to let you all know, my move cube arrived earlier than originally forecasted, (although a little later than had also been said). Absolutely everything was fine in it- not a single breakage! We had plenty of time to empty it. Customs only opened one or two boxes and bags. I would highly recommend move cube as a cheap (Er) way of moving your belongings.

Just to let you all know, my move cube arrived earlier than originally forecasted, (although a little later than had also been said). Absolutely everything was fine in it- not a single breakage! We had plenty of time to empty it. Customs only opened one or two boxes and bags. I would highly recommend move cube as a cheap (Er) way of moving your belongings.

thats great , we ended up with two move cubes - long story , due to arrive end of Jan , i hope all our stuff arrives safe ;) and earlier than expected !

Hi to all, we have our midium move cube coming on Thursday after packing all our boxes and taping them down with brown tape a week before we spoke to move cube we had to unpack all boxes to to list every thing what is in the boxes. Lol oh well packed twice now did nt think we were going to have enough room but once you build your tower of boxes to their measurements you can fit quite a lot in. Also if you have any thing left over they can supply other boxes for you to ship for a fee. Any way best of luck to you all . See you in the sun.