Playgroups for toddlers

Guest gabifabri

Guest gabifabri

Hi,

We're moving out to Perth at the beginning of May. I have a two year old daughter, and we're used to going to lots of mum and toddler playgroups. Can anyone recommend any playgroups or activity groups in the Ocean Reef, Iluka, Mindarie area?? Transport won't be a problem and any recommendations north of the river would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Gabi

• 1 year later...
Guest staceyandjason1

hi

have you found any groups yet?

I am moving out at the end of august with my 2 year old little girl to quinns rocks ad would appreciate any you find??

how have you found the move?

Guest staceyandjason1

thankyou that is a really good link. I had read somewhere that there werent any playgroups - and there are loads in the area we are going so thankyou

Guest mrandmrslowes

good luck finding the toddler groups :) I have been here just over a yr now, have a 2 yr old. not managed to find any toddler groups and have tried, was always told they were either no spaces or my daughter was too old and were only for new mums with new babies! luckily have found a few friends with kiddies similar age, other than that my daughter goes to daycare once a week to interact with toddlers her own age.

Guest staceyandjason1

oh that doesnt sound good - do you live in the quinns rocks area ? Did you have a look at the link above - have you tried any of these ones??

Bit worried as I am relying on these groups to a) help my daughter make new freinds and B) help me!!!!:Wideeye:

Guest mrandmrslowes

not far from quinns, place called carramar. bout 10 mins away. same i was relying on the 2 things you said too! i prob havnt tried as hard as i shud of only really kepy trying my local playgroup in carramar and found them really unhelpful so didnt pursue it anymore. been on that link though and going to try playgroup up at butler hopefully as looking to love up that way. are you going to be working over here or stay at home mum?

Guest staceyandjason1

Stay at home mum (have just packed my job in over here).

So worried I will get bored and lonely.

I think I will go crazy if I have no friends and I am stuck in the house all day.

You will have to let me know whatthe Butler one is like.

I have emailed the playgroup organisers from that link and asked them how to get into playgroups - I will update you when I get I response.

Are you a stay at home mum- how are you finding it? Any hints or tips?

Guest mrandmrslowes

no tips or hints Im afraid! Some days I find I get really bored, I want to be out working to be honest but its not pos for me. I only have my little girl in daycare 1 day a week, noone wants anyone to work just one day a week, have no family who can have my daughter so have ended up stuck at home with her. :( we have a few people we go see each week so its not so bad, have met some nice people and one was actually met thro using poms in oz website! I hope I havnt put you off it isnt my intention just I found it hard and I wish someone had perhaps prepared me for it, my experience may be very different to mine tho hopefully it will.

Guest Munchie

Hi,

We moved here about 7 weeks ago, currently in Quinns but moving to Carramar soon! I managed to get in to a playgroup in Carramar, not sure how! Just lucky I guess!! There is coffee and playtime session in the Jenolan Community Centre in Merriwa I believe, a friend of mine goes. I think you can just turn up to that one. Merriwa isn't far from Quinns.

I am a stay at home Mum too! There are good days and bad, but I try to keep busy, taking my daughter swimming, to the park etc....When are you planning on moving?

Sarah

Guest staceyandjason1

On the 28th August - if all goes to plan.

I was hoping I could find out about a few playgroups before I go so I can start asap when I arrive. I am sure the thing that will make it work for us is whether I can settle in and make new friends. We think it will probably take a few years to properly settle. But we are quite easy going and usually make friends easily - but you dont wanna walk around oz with a "despereatly needs friend" sign on your head and a crazy smile!!!!!!

:smile:

Have you joined Perth Pals on facebook ? - I have signed up to them - they meet once a week apparently.