489 Family Sponsored Visa Grants

ozpete

Has anyone received recently a visa grant for 489 Family Sponsored?

Two months ago my CO sent me a limited number of places mail and put my application on hold and I am yet to hear from them. It is very frustrating and confusing as the invitations are still being issued for 489 FS. If there is very limited number left for this year they would not be issuing any invitations at all, not even reduced numbers. So what’s going on? Is there anyone in my situation?

Can I switch or re-apply to SS as it has a higher priority without withdrawing the current application?

Please help. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Derbygirl42,

They are still inviting for 489FS, click the link to see the report for 27 January invitation round. But if you have only 60 points you may have to wait a bit longer as after inviting all those who have 65 they invite in the order of EOI submission date. As per the report they have invited those with 60 points up to 15 October.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/reports/report-27012014/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Natalie and James we are just going through TRA stage also hoping to get our EOI in next month! Clock is ticking! Keep me posted on how you get on.

Hi Derbygirl42

Thanks for your reply...we are still waiting for an interview date for the technical interview (OH is a carpenter) before we can submit our EOI, hopefully will be soon. Starting to panic now seen as they have lowered the invites to 25 per round! :sad:

Good Luck with your TRA- let me know how you get on too...

Have you heard anything yet Ozpete? When did you submit your visa application?

I have just seen that they have now lowered the invitations to 15 per round- http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

We are hoping to submit our EOI middle of April, but will only have 60 points so doubt we will be invited to apply for a long time! :arghh:

• 1 month later...

Hi natalie and james

just wondered how you are getting on? My agent still not submitted my TRA as they have just told me web need to go back to 1998 with my husbands tax records which seems ridiculous! Anyway they've been ordered but not sure how long they will take. It feels like its never going to happen at the minute! Anita

Have you heard anything yet Ozpete? When did you submit your visa application?

I have just seen that they have now lowered the invitations to 15 per round- http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

We are hoping to submit our EOI middle of April, but will only have 60 points so doubt we will be invited to apply for a long time! :arghh:

Hi Natalie and James,

I am really sorry for not responding to your post as I only saw today. I got my visa grant in March after about 4 months from the on-hold email from CO. I lodged my application in mid September. First challenge is to get invited, after that it is matter of time. I know how frustrating as there is hardly anyone to help you on any of the forums with regard to 489 especially on FS.

Apart from 15 invitations, if I am honest with you, they have not invited anyone with 60 since 10 Feb round. According to the last report for 28/4 round they have only invited 70 and 75, not even 65. I cannot think of a reason why someone with 70 or more would apply for 489 given the limitations.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/reports/report-28-04-2014/

But these results are for 489 family sponsored. Have you tried State Sponsored? Have you got the maximum 20 for IELTS? If not, try so you can apply through 189. Hardly anyone knows about 489 visas in Australia. I had to say that this was the replacement visa for the old 475. In addition there are some difficulties in applying for permanent jobs. In any case don’t despair, there will be new quotas from 1 July and they will give preference to the back log.

I am in Perth job hunting for a month now, but not easy. As an accountant I have senior level experience, but recruiters don’t even want to meet me as they have no suitable jobs. But to be fair, I think with the advent of internet their job is challenging. Even those who did meet me are very specific to employers needs, matching sector experiences. I guess they do not believe in transferable skills anymore, especially when they have to pay someone to recruit!! Market is also very tough as the mining boom is coming to an end. I think it is all part of life and good fun as everything is part of a new adventure. That’s why we are here!