Recommendations for a carpenter / joiner NOR

Walkabout

Hi all,

can anyone recommend a good carpenter / joiner NOR (we are in Kingsley)? We have had our container delivered and the movers have managed to damage just about every piece of furniture we bought with us in some way or another, we are making an insurance claim but need to get a quote for repairs. Can anyone recommend someone that may be able to help? (none of it is really very expensive furniture by the way so there is a good chance it will be written off by the insurance company, but we have to get quotes none the less!)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Walkabout
typo

Hi,

Thanks for your replies, it is a real pain! We used pickfords, I know lots of people have had really good experiences with them (was one of the reasons we chose them!). Staff were friendly and helpful, but I think the main reason we suffered so much damage is because the container was not packed at our house, they said they couldnt get it on to the drive so took boxes back to the warehouse to pack, I think as we weren't there to see them put it in, it got kind of thrown in. There was a note on the delivery note to say that when customs opened it there were a lot of damaged and opened boxes. For us we didnt have the best experience with Pickfords and I am not sure I would rush to use them again. We are now going through the insurance stuff, we insured separately with LP so will be able to tell you all how that goes as well soon!

Guest guest9824
Hi,

Thanks for your replies, it is a real pain! We used pickfords, I know lots of people have had really good experiences with them (was one of the reasons we chose them!). Staff were friendly and helpful, but I think the main reason we suffered so much damage is because the container was not packed at our house, they said they couldnt get it on to the drive so took boxes back to the warehouse to pack, I think as we weren't there to see them put it in, it got kind of thrown in. There was a note on the delivery note to say that when customs opened it there were a lot of damaged and opened boxes. For us we didnt have the best experience with Pickfords and I am not sure I would rush to use them again. We are now going through the insurance stuff, we insured separately with LP so will be able to tell you all how that goes as well soon!

Hi Westin Clan, I can sympathise with you completely, we had Pickfords too, and although we had used them extensively in the past, so we knew they were professional, when our stuff arrived in perth, we had things missing and things damaged. They too took the container away at night from our drive, and I wonder if stuff got pilfered and damaged when it was taken to storage for the night! The guys that packed our stuff were very efficient and professional just not sure what happens when they take the container away for the night and where they take it. We lost a couple of boxes when it finally arrived in Perth, one box had a brand new flat screen tv, only a small one but nevertheless it was gone and some other electrical stuff of the girls. We did get full payment for everything lost and damaged even only having a slight scratch on some things, money was paid out. I have to add we didn't pay for the removals, the choice of removal company etc was part of the relocation package. Good luck with everything,and hopefully you have a hubby like mine who keeps receipts for everything dating back to when time began, so it was easier to claim.

Thanks Pea, nice to hear that we are not the only ones! (not that I mean I am happy that you had problems too... !) fingers crossed the insurance will work out, its just a pain having to get quotes to repair everything. If I can find a carpenter then I will be well on my way and next it will be to find someone that can repair a violin :wacko:

Hi,

Oh no.....I hope that doesn't happen to us. They've told us our stuff will be packed into a van then re packed, shipped, then taken to store in the uk, then packed into a container to be shipped to Perth. On arrival in Perth it's likely we will need our stuff to go to store, so more unloading and reloading! I hope the issue was just with the guys who loaded your stuff locally in the uk, we are kind of committed to them now :-(