TRA Evidence

staffordshiregirl

Hi

We have finally decided to go for the visa 189 application and to plough ahead with it now in the hope that were well on our way before any potential changes may be made in July as husbands trade is on the flagged list ? (Thank you for everyone who has helped us so far) we know my husband needs to do a AQF Cert 3 Solid Plasterer first so we're starting this, this week and are ok now on the evidence required there however we would like to know what exact evidence is required for the TRA assessment as we really want to try and get this sent over by the end of February beginning of March because of the estimated 8-12 week potential wait for an outcome. I really don't want to get this wrong so I need all the evidence to be spot on. So any ideas of what is needed and how much of each evidence required? Ie my husband is claiming 9 years employment so does he need wage slips for the whole of this period?? Because firstly he was paid weekly therefore 52 wage slips x 9 is a whole LOT of play slips haha! Or is the yearly tax return suitable?? We would have to look in our loft but I don't know whether we have anything further back than 6 years which is the legal requirements (he's self employed but was a subcontractor for this company for the whole period above) so what would we do in this instance?

Thank you

Hi there

We have just been granted our 189 visa and we had to do this last summer - my husband is a joiner and we were claiming for 8 years plus, so we too had a lot of years of wage slips to plough through including monthly pay and weekly! We just sent in approx 10 - 12 for each year he was weekly paid, and 6 for each year he was monthly paid. We went back as far as we had which was 2005, which just happened to be the 8 years. We also sent in P60's for every year and ordered a national insurance statement for any missing years, which you can do online for free (although this takes quite a few weeks to come out.) We were lucky in that I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to paperwork, but it was a nightmare gathering it all and then getting photocopies and them certified by a solicitor. I figured I would sort all the paperwork and he could do all the tests and assessments and that would make it an equal application!! Paperwork was my contribution!

You may be ok with the yearly tax statement. You could always try that first and if they ask for anything else send that on?...With timings, it only took a few weeks to hear back, that was with VETASSESS. We went through a migration agent too, so they sent everything for us.

Good luck, hope you get lots of help on here, x

hi there, we went through the skills assessment last year with TRA for my hubby who is a chef. We didn't use an agent so made the mistake of assuming hubby's chef qualification here would be equal to AQF3 and it wasn't therefore he failed the first time. He reapplied with all the same evidence but as 'cook' and passed. If you look at theTrades Recognition Australia website it tells what is needed but you have to download the guidelines as the evidence required is in much more detail here. When collecting your documents together do a mental tick next to each thing so you don't forget anything as TRA are brutal, they will not contact you asking for additional evidence, they will just fail you if anything is missing.Your application must be complete and 'decision ready'.

I think it states on their website that you only need 3 years full time work experience after qualification but 1 year out of the last 2 years to make sure experience is current. We sent around 5 years evidence even though hubby had been in the trade for around 15 years. We later claimed 8 to 10 years in our EOI and included evidence goung back this far in the visa application. I wouldn't send 9 years worth of evidence for the TRA as when you get the successful outcome it does not state anywhere how many years work experience you have, its just not necessary. Only when you do your visa application do you show your evidence for the points you are claiming.

I am not sure if the waiting times have changed but we only waited 4 weeks before getting the successful outcome.

sorry I seem to have rambled on a bit! :eek:

Edited by nikkiwd

Hi there we are in the same boat! Husband s a plasterer just doing his aqf with skilling Australia and next stage is TRA which just seems a nightmare! He is self employed and no regular contractor just lots of private jobs. Got all his accounts for the last 8 years so figure I will send all ths together with tax documentation and references from builders, suppliers etc. what do you mean when you say occupation on flagged list is ths something I have missed, assume it potentially means occupation could be withdrawn panicking now!!! ? Be good to keep in touch as we going through same process!

Hi there we are in the same boat! Husband s a plasterer just doing his aqf with skilling Australia and next stage is TRA which just seems a nightmare! He is self employed and no regular contractor just lots of private jobs. Got all his accounts for the last 8 years so figure I will send all ths together with tax documentation and references from builders, suppliers etc. what do you mean when you say occupation on flagged list is ths something I have missed, assume it potentially means occupation could be withdrawn panicking now!!! ? Be good to keep in touch as we going through same process!

Hiya

Yes definitely keep in touch your the first person I have found doing exact same thing and who is not far from where we are. Are you doing the assessment with Australian skills assessments (Darren Leake)?? Where are you with that? We haven't yet signed on dotted line but going to fill out forms tonight and husband is ging to gathering evidence at work In the meantime.

I mean that solid plasterer has been flagged along with another 49 jobs that could be excluded from the 2014-2015 SOL list this year based on job market needs. If it is it will be done in July 2014 which is the reason for our interest to get started now as we wasn't going to until after June because we have a holiday booked and to be honest we wanted about 2 years max to get house finished sold and be ready to move....This way we may have to activate it sooner instead but I would rather have visa than not have it. X

hi there, we went through the skills assessment last year with TRA for my hubby who is a chef. We didn't use an agent so made the mistake of assuming hubby's chef qualification here would be equal to AQF3 and it wasn't therefore he failed the first time. He reapplied with all the same evidence but as 'cook' and passed. If you look at theTrades Recognition Australia website it tells what is needed but you have to download the guidelines as the evidence required is in much more detail here. When collecting your documents together do a mental tick next to each thing so you don't forget anything as TRA are brutal, they will not contact you asking for additional evidence, they will just fail you if anything is missing.Your application must be complete and 'decision ready'.

I think it states on their website that you only need 3 years full time work experience after qualification but 1 year out of the last 2 years to make sure experience is current. We sent around 5 years evidence even though hubby had been in the trade for around 15 years. We later claimed 8 to 10 years in our EOI and included evidence goung back this far in the visa application. I wouldn't send 9 years worth of evidence for the TRA as when you get the successful outcome it does not state anywhere how many years work experience you have, its just not necessary. Only when you do your visa application do you show your evidence for the points you are claiming.

I am not sure if the waiting times have changed but we only waited 4 weeks before getting the successful outcome.

Hi

Thanks so much for the above info much appreciated. Rambling is good ...I do it too my husband don't call me jack a nory tell a story for nothing haha ?

How did you claim for the training period at the beginning of the work evidence period? I know we need to show that the first three years would of been as a apprentice type work because they base it on how long it would take an Australian to train in a trade then you need the additional 3 as work experience at competent trade level making it the 6 years in total. So what if we just put the 6 years down which is what we know we have the evidence for....before this I would need to check in the loft because I am mostly a horder too haha

So theoretically were looking at the following:

AQF certificate

Wage slips for 6 years+

Tax returns for 6years+

....??

Yes definitely. No we didnt go through Darren although lots of people have and I spoke to him and he was very helpful. I'll PM you later and give you all the details. Yes I have seen now it has been flagged - how could I have missed that! In a panic now as we have get everything to TRA soon to be in with chance of getting visa we are going on 489 FS. Complete nightmare we have been stalling on this for the last year as hubby kept getting cold feet! He totalling wants it now but if they withdraw his occupation and we haven't received an invite that will be it for us....! Pressure is on.

Yes definitely. No we didnt go through Darren although lots of people have and I spoke to him and he was very helpful. I'll PM you later and give you all the details. Yes I have seen now it has been flagged - how could I have missed that! In a panic now as we have get everything to TRA soon to be in with chance of getting visa we are going on 489 FS. Complete nightmare we have been stalling on this for the last year as hubby kept getting cold feet! He totalling wants it now but if they withdraw his occupation and we haven't received an invite that will be it for us....! Pressure is on.

What is a 489 visa? And I wouldn't worry your a lot further on than we are haha we will be relaying behind you ? I did hear though that if it does get moved it will likely go onto the COL list instead so basically employer or state sponsored so not the end but would make it a whole lot more complicated as we want WA as we want to go to Perth...what about you?

And I know exactly what you mean I mentioned to my husband about 6 years ago and it was a complete no go and then again in October and it took me from then to Christmas before he said yes we will look into it and now he's 100% in so we both really want this and the thought of not getting it is devastating. Well good news is that the concensus is that the TRA is a lot quicker than the 8-12 weeks which is good news. X

4 year temp visa you an apply for PR after 2 years if you meet the requirements. My siste r live s in perth so she is sponsoring us for which we get n extra 10 points. The 189 is a better option but not sure hubby will get the score needed in ielts so I'm thinking the 489 FS is going to be the preferred option. Yes we are heading to perth but WA removed solid plasterer from their csol so you can't gt state sponsorship for this occupation! My sister emigrated 3 years ago and it was lst easier then everything has got so much tougher - or that's how it seems. My brother also emigrated 8 years ago and it was a walk in the park then! Left it too late. I hardly slept last night thinking about how we may miss the boat!!

4 year temp visa you an apply for PR after 2 years if you meet the requirements. My siste r live s in perth so she is sponsoring us for which we get n extra 10 points. The 189 is a better option but not sure hubby will get the score needed in ielts so I'm thinking the 489 FS is going to be the preferred option. Yes we are heading to perth but WA removed solid plasterer from their csol so you can't gt state sponsorship for this occupation! My sister emigrated 3 years ago and it was lst easier then everything has got so much tougher - or that's how it seems. My brother also emigrated 8 years ago and it was a walk in the park then! Left it too late. I hardly slept last night thinking about how we may miss the boat!!

Ooh no I am so sorry if I have got you all worried. ?

Yes it does seem tough and a lot of work just hoping that it will be worth it in the long run like I think it will be.

We have friends going back to Clarkson so will follow them there to begin with which will help with the transition period.

hi staffordshiregirl, It is minimum of 3 years work after qualifications and apprenticeships. You will need a letter from each employer stating job role, duties that were carried out, ours worked per week(to show full time), dates he worked there between etc. It states the exact details required on the TRA guidelines.Also if any of those periods were self employed then that chucks in a whole new level of crap you have to find! p60's, p45's, a few random bank statements from each year and payslips although you dont need one for every month, maybe 6-8 per year dates spread over the year. Remember everything needs to be copied and countersigned by a jp/notary/policeman/teacher etc.dont send any originals as they dont send it back. Just ask if you have more questions

Hi there,

Our situation was very similar to Nikki, except my OH is a plasterer. We did our first TRA application before the AQF because he has NVQ3 etc and failed, then did the AQF with Darren at Australian Skills Assessment, who I would definitely recommend. I don't know how you are on points or whether you've done the IELTS yet, but I think if you are claiming the extra points for your experience and your qualification was achieved through RPL then you may need a migration points assessment to allow you to claim them. To get that you will need to show an extra 3 years of statements and invoices etc, if my memory serves me correctly? If you have enough points without that then you'll be OK. I'm sorry if I've confused you but if you think this applies to you then PM me and I'll dig out all our stuff and go through it. It was only last year, but with everything that's happened since I've forgotten loads.

Good luck,

Deb x

Hi deb I'm currently trying to get all my evidence for TRA OH is a plasterer been se for last 10 years before that he was in Ireland also self employed. We are doing are AQF should have cert in few weeks I'm told. I'm really panicking about TRA i have his books for the last 1o years together with around 8 years tax returns plus lots of advertising in yellow pages etc. it says in the TRA document you have to prove you have worked supervised for 3 years? I can't as he learnt the skill on the job with a couple of plasterers who I'm not even sure if they are alive now - it was 18 years ago and pls they win Dublin. Just wondered what your experience was and how much evidence you had. I'm doing it all myself well was planning to but suddenly having a wobble and wondered if I'm best to get some advice. Appreciate any advice you can give, we visited WA last year and just loved it desperate to go! Thanks

Hi deb I'm currently trying to get all my evidence for TRA OH is a plasterer been se for last 10 years before that he was in Ireland also self employed. We are doing are AQF should have cert in few weeks I'm told. I'm really panicking about TRA i have his books for the last 1o years together with around 8 years tax returns plus lots of advertising in yellow pages etc. it says in the TRA document you have to prove you have worked supervised for 3 years? I can't as he learnt the skill on the job with a couple of plasterers who I'm not even sure if they are alive now - it was 18 years ago and pls they win Dublin. Just wondered what your experience was and how much evidence you had. I'm doing it all myself well was planning to but suddenly having a wobble and wondered if I'm best to get some advice. Appreciate any advice you can give, we visited WA last year and just loved it desperate to go! Thanks

I think you will need to cover these periods with a statutory declaration. One company that Rich worked for many years ago, had ceased trading and another we couldn't contact as the owner had passed away. We had some bad advice from the people in the TRA call centre so we made an appointment to speak to one of the assessors on the phone. Best move we made. They went into so much detail. Between that and going over the guidelines with a fine toothed comb we finally made it! We sent a selection of everything we had, tax returns, bank statements, invoices and we went back as far as we could. We tried to send something for every month, just to show he worked consistently with no big gaps, apart from the time he was on a WHV in Australia which we had documented anyway. Make sure you're careful with dates. We got into trouble because we got mixed up with dates, probably because he had been sub-contracting for different firms at the same time. Anyway, they spotted it. It is daunting but don't be out off. If you can stay on the right side of the HMRC then you can do a TRA! It's just paperwork. Who are you doing the AQF with? We went with Darren at Australian Skills Assessment. Feel free to PM me with any questions and good luck!

Deb x

• 3 months later...

Dear Nikkiwd,

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is RajeshKumar Selvaraj* .Last month i got a state sponsorship from Queensland and got a invitation from DIAC to apply for visa

Now i have few problems to apply for visa please advice me .

1. My Skill assessment was done by Migration Agent . Now i take over the following process . While applying in TRA my agent skipped one year of experience from 02/01/2007 to 27/11/2007 in the documentation. Unknowingly i included that experience also in my EOI. Now i have relevant documents to support that experience . Shall i proceed to apply for visa or wait for current invitation to lapse and create new EOI .Please advice me

Iam looking forward to hearing from you soon

Thanks

RajeshKumar Selvaraj*

Hi, you have to show evidence for the amount of years work experience you put in your EOI. It shouldn't matter if your skills assessment experience was based on less. TRA don't communicate with Immi directly and it doesn't show the years of experience on the TRA certificate. I sent 4 or 5 years evidence ( as you only need 3 to pass) to TRA for my husband but when it came to the EOI, I claimed points for 8-10 years work and with the visa application I just showed evidence for this whole period.