Books on Australia for Children

Claudette

Hi All,

Making the move over in a few months time - we have six young nieces and nephews (all under 5) who don't quite understand where we are going so I wanted to buy them all children books to learn about Australia so they know where I will be living - at the moment one is adamant that whenever I open my front door I will see a kangaroo and another believes I'm going into the jungle and doesn't want to visit me if I make her eat insects (I'm a celeb has a lot to answer for!)

Just wondered if anyone has done something similar or could recommend any books?

Hi Claudette... My sister sent my 7 year old twins a kids 'lonely planet' guide to Australia for Christmas...it's a fantastic book, my two love it!... Would have posted a picture of the cover for you but we put it in the wrong place when the packers came in and now it is somewhere on the seas between England and here!!!!!!..... Maybe you can google it?... I would definitely recommend it!... (It had a yellow cover if that helps?!!!!) Amy :)