Cashing UK (sterling) cheques in Oz

flatpack

I am expecting to receive some funds after we leave in August, I have spoken to the solicitor today and they said that they could only issue a cheque to me and only in sterling.

This leaves me with having to keep open a bank account after we've left and a problem in getting the cheque paid in. If they posted it to me in Oz would I be able to deposit it into my Australian account relatively easily?

I am expecting to receive some funds after we leave in August, I have spoken to the solicitor today and they said that they could only issue a cheque to me and only in sterling.

This leaves me with having to keep open a bank account after we've left and a problem in getting the cheque paid in. If they posted it to me in Oz would I be able to deposit it into my Australian account relatively easily?

Your solicitor need a to be dragged into present day Flatpack!!! I'd insist on a telegraphic transfer into my Sterling bank account and then you can arrange for it to be transferred to Aussie dollars at the best rate you can get. Sounds to me as if they are trying to make a bit of interest out of you whilst everyone waits for the cheque to clear!