Electrical Practical Assessment

Alanlisa

Sorry not sure how much vetassess costs. Doing it through future skills cost: skill assessment $600, agency fee insurance £250 (optional) if you need to resubmit paperwork it's free otherwise you need to pay the $600 each time, practical assessment $1500. But the guy who runs it was amazingly helpful and always willing to answer further questions on his mobile when we thought of them etc etc. if you look at the down under centre it's all on there. Give Wes a ring just for a chat, honestly he was so helpful.

It definitely seemed easier than what I'd read about vetassess on here. I'm not sue 100% but I'm sure he didn't have to write a profile, maybe just a CV, work references and certificates but Wes, the guy who organises it makes sure everything is ok before anythings submitted, he's so helpful he honestly wouldn't mind you giving him a ring to chat about it under no pressure to go with them. It's nice just to have an actual person to speak to all the way through and is very knowledgable about the job market etc too. I am away at present but will ask my husband to log on and confirm the process for you also - we have the same username so don't be surprised if it looks weird online!

Yes Alanlisa, my wife is right (As usual !!!). I had to provide signed copies of my apprenticship docs, relevant qualifications, additional tickets IPAF PASMA ECS card etc. I also had to provide references from employers and current CVs. I only had to wait 2 weeks for them to process it and then was invited to apply for the skills assessment. They give you all the info you need to put together your submission file, and also a list of people who can certify the copies. The Downunder center is the name of the company with a sub section called train4gap, the advantages over vetassess are that they are slightly cheaper (a couple of hunderd quid ish!) and that they have assessments every month even if there is only one person, vetassess can make you wait until they have around 15-20 people and this can take months. Also a big advantage is that they are very happy to answer any questions, and also offer all the services you need to move out to Oz. These guys have made it a very easy process for me, and from that I would highly recommend them to anyone. I would definately give them a call (Wez) and hear what they have to say. All the best, and if you need anymore help from me then please feel free to message. Matt

At the end of the day that is purely down to how you guys feel! If I were you I would give them a call and see how you feel after that. I obviously have no experience of vetassess apart from the posts on here and Poms in Oz. The assessments are carried out in London at the Downunder centre, they run a pre assessment course up in chester but you would need to speak to them about that as I didnt do it. Good luck in your decision making, and all the best! Matt