childcare

louloubelle

Hi I was just wondering what childcare options are available in perth? Is it similar to the UK for before and after school provision and what about holiday clubs? What are the costs. I've never had to worry about childcare in the UK so this is a big issue for me. I am a nurse so will be working shifts probably so will need something quite flexible

Thanks

There are nurseries (day care ) for kids under 5, some of these also provide a before and after school care for older kids where they drop and pick up the kids to/from school. Our school has a YMCA care on site which provides the school kids with before/after school care and also vacation care. Its pretty good value too compared to others. There are lots of YMCA childcare places around Perth, just google. Some people use childminders (called family daycare I think here) but I think they are harder to come by.

The cost of the daycare for our local nursery is $80per day and the Ymca after school care is $30. We get around 50% of this paid by centrelink. The vacation care is $60 per day and again half of this is covered. Depending where you live, costs can be higher.

Edited by nikkiwd