Advice on transporting our dog please

JacquiAidanBrodie

Hi everyone,

Well, this is an area I have been avoiding due to the crazy amount of research and paperwork already done. Also because I can't face the thought of it all for our dog. Anyway, we are set to arrive in January and my mum is looking after our dog until we hopefully secure permanent Jobs and know that we will be staying in Perth. Any advice on best companies to use and procedures, costs etc would be much appreciated. I'm not getting very far myself online. He is an 8 year old beautiful pedigree whippet in tip top condition.

Thanks again

Jacqui x

We used Golden Arrow to bring our two furbabies over and then collected them from Sydney and flew them back with us as it was a cheaper option. But Jet Pets in Oz would be worth a look for internal transportation.

Looking at where you live though, you maybe better looking at a more local pet shippers, otherwise it will mean more cost for one of the southern based shippers to pick up, or a long drive there and back for your mum to drop your dog off.

Best to note that not all UK vets are up to date with what's needed for shipping pets to Aus. You may need to go elsewhere than your local vet to make you have one that knows what the up to date procedure is and all paperwork is in order and the right vaccines are being given at the right time.

Or if because you won't be in the UK the whole time, might be worth going for the top tier of cover from your chosen shippers, then you know all will be good.