Moving to Rockingham from Bunbury

Hello everyone

we are currently living in Bunbury after moving from Scotland 2 years ago and are thinking about moving to Rockingham. We have a six year old daughter and a 6 month old son and would like to know of any bad areas as well as good areas with good schools? Ive found most people from down here don't have many good things to say about Rockingham but would like to know from anyone who actually lives there. Thanks

I live in Rocky and love it. Use to rent in SH in lovely area quiet safe and hated it no one spoke it was strange strange place....

you either fitted in or didn't I didn't ... It's a lady who does lunch and reads hello magazine area. I now live in older Rockingham on the edge of the Anchorage Estate. The people are friendly and as i say "real". There are good and bad in all areas. Personally I would avoid Cooloongup but .... There are some lovely cul de sacs there.... Some parts of Warnbro are not that good lot of social housing. The Anchorage is a newer housing estate. Older Rockingham has some nice areas. Waikiki again good and bad. You really have to come and drive around at different times of the day. Please do not as someone said judge an area by the people in the shopping areas that's not really fair. Good luck

Hello everyone

we are currently living in Bunbury after moving from Scotland 2 years ago and are thinking about moving to Rockingham. We have a six year old daughter and a 6 month old son and would like to know of any bad areas as well as good areas with good schools? Ive found most people from down here don't have many good things to say about Rockingham but would like to know from anyone who actually lives there. Thanks

Hi Lucy,

We have been here since last July and we are living in Harrington Waters estate in Waikiki and love it here. The primary school in the estate is fantastic and our 6 year old son loves it. We are currently in a rental but are hoping to be able to buy in the area in the future. I hope this has been of some help