457 visa can you do a second job

abey1

Hi, hope one of you could help me. This is for a friend of mine. She is on a 457 visa and her company is going through financial difficulties. If the company is ok with her doing a second job, can she do that? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, if she is looking forward second job because she is no longer getting full time hours that would be a beach of the visa and likewise if her salary has fallen below the designated amount for a 457. 

Thanks verystormy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, verystormy said:

Also, if she is looking forward second job because she is no longer getting full time hours that would be a beach of the visa and likewise if her salary has fallen below the designated amount for a 457. 

May want to be careful about pointing this out to the employer though.  They may just decide to make the role redundant and then she would need to move home.

If the company is struggling, this may happen anyway.  If I was her, I'd be looking for a new employer who was willing to take over the visa (easier said than done in Perth at the moment).