Bricklayer needs work or any manual job!!

Guest claire261

Guest claire261

Just wondered if anyone can help...my husband Matt 32 has been a brickie/building work for the last 15 years.. We arrived on 29th April and hoped it would be reasonably easy for him to find work as he is very versitile and works very hard..This is not the case..he has white ticket and in process of awaiting for his tfn/abn numbers.. He has managed to find temp work with local carpenter doing various jobs but this is just temporary and he is having to travel to Perth for it..We live in Bunbury SOR which is 2 hours away... We have emailed every builder we can find email addresses for plus followed up with phone calls etc...He has now written to agencies about working at the mines but that seems alot harder to get into than we thought and just keep getting the standard email saying "we have noted your interest we will keep your resume on file" back..

We are not absolutely desperate as we have savings and I know having only been here for 2 weeks is by no means long enough however at this point he is unsure as to whether buy a ute re-train which he very willing to do...

Can anyone point him in the right direction or even give him a start..He is willing to work a couple of days for free on the understanding if you think he good enough please give him a job!

Any help or advice would be most welcome..

Thanks in advance

Claire

Hi, My Husband was a ground worker in the UK, and when he got here he got employed with Georgiou. Ghey are large company...just not sure if they are as far down as Bunbury but they have mine work too. My hubby gor an excavator driver ticket and got a job as a driver after a while....he started as a drainers offsider.

Look at their site...you can apply online..and they have mine work too.

http://www.georgiou.com.au/

Not sure it will help but you never know.

Sue

Guest Gilly

Hi, my husband is a brickie to and we hope to get to Perth sometime at the end of the year. There was so much construction taking place when we visited that I guess we thought that work would be ok. Now we are worried. I really hope your husband finds a job soon. We had trouble finding work in Coffs Harbour when we were in Oz before but thought that was just the location. Really hoped Perth would be better. Keep strong and the very best of luck to you.

Hi, my husband is a brickie to and we hope to get to Perth sometime at the end of the year. There was so much construction taking place when we visited that I guess we thought that work would be ok. Now we are worried. I really hope your husband finds a job soon. We had trouble finding work in Coffs Harbour when we were in Oz before but thought that was just the location. Really hoped Perth would be better. Keep strong and the very best of luck to you.

Theres a lot of brickie work in Perth ESP ib norther burbs