anyone looking for a job as a...

Cnc programmer, Project Engineers, Project planner, struMIS Engineer,Expeditor, Robotic Engineer, Robotic Operator, Boilermakers, Welders, Laggers, Carpenters, Steel Fixers, Formworks, Sheet Metal Works, Civil Estimator, Contracs Administrators, Project managers, Blue Collar recruiters, Payrool officer.???

all these jobs are advertised as being needed by a company advertised on the back page of todays Sunday Times Reader`s Mart,26th June 2011, by a civil construction and Engineering firm whose large new establishment was officially opened by our Premier, in April. They are promoted like the best and most advanced proficiently planned

employment company, poised to provide a huge range of services for almost all the new work-sites to be established in the very near future in the North west of West OZ. Providing services for mining, construction, oil and gas. With all the Chevron, Browse Basin, and associated infrastructure having to be built from scratch, they need a colossal amount of employees to do it... I have only read half the speel on the company, but thought to share it with you all, for those who may be qualified and needing somewhere to start to look.

They say apprentices are important to the growth of their industry, so they are undertaking to increase their intake of those as well...... if this helps

I want to bring your attention to an online website that will help you get that job you are looking for in Australia,

or where ever in the world you are looking. There is quite a long article in Wednesday`s * West * its called Linkedin!

It listed on the New York stock exchange in May, if I remember, but it has since been sold! I`m not sure who bought it

but its used mainly to list yourself and link you and others to work, skills, and new ideas.

LinkedIn brings together people online to cultivate and manage their careers and business networks.

It has more than 100 million members in over 200 countries and territories, with 44 million in the United States

I read about it on the Sydney Morning Herald a few years ago, but as I am not looking to change my job, and

am not looking to be approached by other people , or asked to nominate my friends for new jobs, I resisted

joining it. Lots of my colleagues and friends are on it. Your bank Manager, the guy who works at the local servo,

probably even your postie is on it..

Its used by lots of Multi-nationals, to check out your work history, and lets face it, even in this day and age

its not what you know , its who you know that gets you and your resume out there to the kind of positions

you are really looking for, tearing your family apart , just to move to Australia, and have the same kind of

job earning the same amount of salary, is not what you are looking for!

by listing your self on LinkedIN, and adding extra to your resume all the time, not letting it stagnate

with the same information, is not how to get yourself noticed here in this country!

below is some of what I found on a share of information page on the WESt in May

Shares of social network LinkedIn more than doubled in price after launching on the New York Stock Exchange in a tech stock feeding

frenzy reminiscent of the infamous dot-com boom.

It may call itself a social network, but its more a job search and resume network than those you are used to seeing like

facebook and twitter!

If the moderators of this site will allow me, I just realized I might have broken one of the rules of posting information

about links to website etc. If someone wants me to share an article I have about how to use the site I mentioned above, they can message me about it.

its quite a few paragraphs, but it will show you how to use the site to get your resume attention, as so many companies are using it to check people`s bona-fides and credit ratings with jobs and experience and things like that!

:arghh:

I have some information for anyone who wants to use the website LinkedIN..... its one where everyone who is looking to change jobs SHOULD be using, as so many Bigger companies, use it to check on peoples, qualifications etc. You will know what I mean, when you read HOW to use the website... It was written by a female researcher from SMH Sydney Morning Herald....

I read this report when it first came out and saved it, and haveshared it with quite a few people. I have no idea who the writer was, except Iguessed it was a woman who did outside work with SMH.

LINKEDIN..

How to master the site to make the most of your job search,

When I wrote a story about LinkedInback in April, I was struggling to grasp how the site could be useful to mepersonally, a baby boomer with a full-time job. Now I get it. LinkedIn gives menot only a place to display my work and credentials to colleagues but also akind of passive invitation to recruiters and potential employers who might wantto seek my services.

I also understand that I've so far only scratched the surface of whatLinkedIn can do. People actively searching for jobs can make use of oceans ofdata that LinkedIn's 70 million users have created.

For more advanced advice on how to use LinkedIn to find a job, I got back onthe phone with Krista Canfield, a spokeswoman at the Californian company. Sheoffered a number of suggestions.

First, she showed me how to search geographically for contacts whowork in the human resources departments of companies. At the top left-handcorner of the screen, next to the search box, click on the word 'Advanced.'That takes you to an 'Advanced People Search.' On the right-hand side of thescreen, in the 'Title' box, type either 'HR' or 'human resources.' Below thetitle, there's a drop-down menu where you choose 'Current.'

Your next move is to narrow that search by location, which you do on theleft-hand side of the screen. You might stick close to home, or, if you're opento relocating, cast the net wide. Just below location, you can choose anindustry to narrow down to.

I admit that while Canfield was laying out this strategy I was skeptical.Would anyone really find a job through a cold connection to someone in H.R.?But that's the point of LinkedIn. You're looking for a link through someone youknow. I'm afraid I didn't come up with much when I tried this method, checkingoff 'newspapers,' 'online media' and 'writing and editing' as my industries. Itseems I'm not connected to any H.R. people at companies where I'd want to work.This exercise reconfirmed how important it is to keep adding to your list ofconnections. The more you connect, the exponentially greater the chance you'lllink to someone who can help you find a job.

here is the rest of it....

To refine this approach, Canfield suggested entering the name of a specificcompany, just below the title box where you wrote 'human resources' or 'HR.'Ideally, a list will come up with little blue numbers next to the names at thetop of the list. If '2nd' appears next to a name, click on that name, and onthe right side of the screen you will see who among your connections links tothat person. I tried a couple of companies, like Financial Times and the WallStreet Journal, and met with no success, but perhaps if I had more connectionsthis would work for me. Canfield also suggested using the title 'recruiter' andthe company name.

Next Canfield suggested a tactic to use if you're thinking of changing yourwhole career. In the title box, put your dream profession or dream title. Youcan gather all sorts of information this way. You can pore over the profiles ofpeople who have your dream job now and consider how they got there. If youshare a connection, then you have an excuse to send them a quick e-mail,preferably with your mutual connection's name in the subject line, and suggestyou go for coffee or have a phone chat.

You can also use LinkedIn to follow what's happening at companies whereyou'd like to work. Go to the gray bar at the top of any LinkedIn page. Hoveryour cursor over the word 'More' at the center of it, and click on the word'Companies.' Once you enter your company of choice, you'll get all sorts of info,including a list of current and former employees and new hires to whom you mayhave connections. All of these connections present networking opportunities. Ifthere are a lot of new hires, that means the company is in expansion mode,Canfield points out. Information on this page can also provide fodder forquestions you might want to ask in an interview, should you get your foot inthe door.

At the top of the page, under the search box, you can click on a link thatsays, 'Follow company.' That will feed you news about new hires, promotions anddepartures, which will appear directly on your LinkedIn home page.

Finally, a piece of advice that didn't come from Canfield: Stay in touchwith your network. I spent July 4 weekend with a pair of successful thirtysomethingdesign and media professionals who told me how they make maximum use ofLinkedIn. One of them, Jennifer Gormley, a designer who's also the mother of a19-month-old, has a lucrative business doing freelance projects. When she'sready to take on new work, she runs through her list of LinkedIn contacts andsends out short personal notes, letting potential clients know she's open forbusiness. Her husband, Matthew Rechs, who left a high-level job at a digitalmarketing agency last year with a nice package, is getting ready to go back towork. He's currently juggling three or four serious job discussions. He foundall of them using the same strategy - running through his LinkedIn list andletting his connections know he's around.

Source: smh.com.au

• 4 weeks later...