plumbers wages

mark.w

Can anyone help.We have just passed our meds and hope to get our visas shortly.We are looking to leave for Perth early next year.Iam going as a plumber does anyone know the going hourly rate and what is the job situation like.Many thanks Mark and family...............................:arghh:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mark

I am also a plumber looking at Perth mid next year. I have a friend that lives in sorrento WA and he is a plumber/ gas fitter and last year he earned $92k. I will add that he is a workaholic and a 6 day a week man. Generally you would be looking at $30 p/h working for a company and up to $60 p/h if you run your own company. I hope this helps. I may meet up with you on a site in WA one day.

Regan

Thanks for that Regan.Stayed in Sorrento for a couple of weeks lovely place.Have you got your visa yet,we have been waiting nearly three years and have just completed meds and police checks.Have you got anything lined up in Perth if so could you let me know.Thanks Mark.

Hi Mark

We should have our visa by mid next year and then plan to go out to Perth at the end of the year. My plan is to be there approx a month before school term starts in jan.

I've got nothing lined up yet as it a bit early for me to organise anything. I have my vetassess practical next month and then the agent has said it will take approx 6 months from when I get the results.

I plan on doing all the courses when u get over there as I work for myself here and I think I'll have trouble working for a company after all this time. What about your plans ?

Regan

Hi again Regan.We are looking at going next may.I also work for myself but working for someone would be an advantage to start with.You are expected to do things you would not do here,roofing ,drainage etc.Plus we will have to start at the bottom of the ladder you have to work supervised until you get your licences which i have been told is about $3500.Idid my vetasses exams last year it is not difficult but they expect you to do some silver soldering which can be a bit tricky.But if you know your stuff you should sail through.If you need some more info on vetessas let me know cheers Mark.