Building Trade in Perth

Guest tottenhamjohn

Guest tottenhamjohn

G'Day to all the tradies working in Perth especially you tilers. Was

hoping to get some feedback on the amount of work out there at the moment. Thinking of returning.*

Was out there 2 yrs ago and unfortunately returned to the UK early last year. When I was there , I found work no problem. I've managed to speak to a couple of tilers I worked with and they both said work has slowed down a bit and prices have dropped.*

Just wanted to see if anyone else agrees with this and also is there talk of it picking up again in the near future. If we do come out, it will be around this time next year. May be by then things would've picked up, do you agree.*

TJ

Guest SueRich

Hi,

My OH is a tiler and we are hoping to move to Perth asap - Depends how long the visa process takes!

He has been in touch with a few contractors in Perth trying to get sponsorship. Unfortunately no one is interested in sponsoring him but a few have said he should contact them when he arrives in Perth which makes me think that there is enough work down under.

Sue

Its a bit hard to predict at the moment, the housing industry is not that great at the moment. I know a sparkie with his own whitegoods repair business who is trying to sell up and go straight to the mines. He says stable work, get there do the job and come home on FIFO, get well fed, get looked after, earn good money, dont have to think about bad payers in business anymore.

I have just returned from M.river and tradesman are much more keen down there as their is not much work around. But basically everybody is tightening their belt - I dont think it will last forever though- so you gotta ride it out!