Hi - Moving from Canberra to Perth

surhythms

Hi Guys

I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. Myself and the hubby and 13 yr old daughter are soon to be moving from Canberra to Perth. We have been in Canberra just short of a year and really want to move. Im just wondering if anyone has moved from Canberra (we are irish btw) and what they thought of Perth as a place to live in comparison to Canberra. My hubby is due to go over to Perth on a reccie in 3 weeks and then all of us will come to Perth within the next 12 weeks.

If anyone has any recommendations on interstate removal companies or short term accomodation that would be great. At the moment we dont know if we will live NOR or SOR once we get somewhere nice, less than 15 min drive from beaches, good high school, and an area that has good restaurants and a nice pub ( we dont have pubs in Canberra and all of the restaurants are either in Civic which is the CBD or 20 km from our house). We dont mind living 20 - 25k outside the CBD once there is good transport links (which we dont have at the moment).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Suzanne

hello , welcome to the forum , we live in Baldivis and ticks quite a few of the box's you have mentioned .. there are quite a lot of areas that do though .

Not sure about the Pubs we have a few restaurants though spaced about you would have to drive to them .. there is a suburb section on here that people have written a short blog about their own area's . :) good luck with it all ! http://www.perthpoms.com/forum/renting-real-estate/3328-suburbs.html

hello , welcome to the forum , we live in Baldivis and ticks quite a few of the box's you have mentioned .. there are quite a lot of areas that do though .

Not sure about the Pubs we have a few restaurants though spaced about you would have to drive to them .. there is a suburb section on here that people have written a short blog about their own area's . :) good luck with it all ! http://www.perthpoms.com/forum/renting-real-estate/3328-suburbs.html

thanks Jackboots I will check that out - whats it like living 40k outside the CBD - is there enough to do for teenagers? We live 23k outside the CBD and it really is like living in the middle of the country side....and if anyone has any other suggestions I would really appreciate it

Cheers

Suzanne

..If anyone has any recommendations on interstate removal companies or short term accomodation that would be great.

Hi Suzanne, welcome to the forum. We used Crown when we moved interstate. Very happy with the service. We took out our own transit insurance though as it was quite a bit cheaper than Crown's own offering.