Perth here we come - April / May, advice required on commute times!

AyrshireJock

Hello everyone!

Well it's just the medical to go then my offer should be in the post so to speak, hopefully all going well we should be arriving in Perth around April / May.....so not long now!!!

Having started the North or South debate with regards to where to live I was wondering if anyone could comment on commuting times, I will be working in the Kwinana Beach area and was wondering how long the daily commute would take from Joondalup?

I have checked the 'route planners' and it's coming in between 45-60mins, is this accurate? I will be working shifts so hopefully I would miss any rush hour with my job starting at 7am / 7pm.

The reason I ask is to help with our suburb and school short list.....which is top priority.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, oh and please feel free to comment on the commute times from suburbs in the South, we would like to understand all our options....

If you could also recommend family friendly areas and opinions on state schools (primary and secondary) this would also be a great help...

Thanks,

Ewan

It is a long commute to Kwinana from Joondalup. One bump on the freeway (and they happen regularly) and you can add another hour to that time. You would be better placed looking south of the river - Bibra Lake, Baldivis, Secret Harbour and Safety Bay areas are all good considerations.

Hello everyone!

Well it's just the medical to go then my offer should be in the post so to speak, hopefully all going well we should be arriving in Perth around April / May.....so not long now!!!

Having started the North or South debate with regards to where to live I was wondering if anyone could comment on commuting times, I will be working in the Kwinana Beach area and was wondering how long the daily commute would take from Joondalup?

I have checked the 'route planners' and it's coming in between 45-60mins, is this accurate? I will be working shifts so hopefully I would miss any rush hour with my job starting at 7am / 7pm.

The reason I ask is to help with our suburb and school short list.....which is top priority.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, oh and please feel free to comment on the commute times from suburbs in the South, we would like to understand all our options....

If you could also recommend family friendly areas and opinions on state schools (primary and secondary) this would also be a great help...

Thanks,

Ewan

You may be interested in this from the paper today -

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa/12954460/perth-set-to-die-from-congestion/

I have come from a friends house in Scarborough to my home in Atwell during rush hour a few times and a journey that any other time of the day would only take 25 mins takes over an hour sometimes during rush hour. I personally couldnt do that drive every day. There are so many beautiful burbs SOR, what makes you want to live in Joondalup over somewhere SOR?