Is Osbourne Park a nice place to live???

Hi People, does anyone know anything about the Osbourne Park region? We are a couple in our thirties, no children. OH will be working in the CBD so dont want too long a commute.. Is this a nice place to live?????

What about Wembley or Cottesloe?

Edited by Jo1977

Osborne Park is mostly made up of commercial and light industrial so it wouldn't necessarily be a place to choose to live. If you are working there, then Cottosloe is on the wrong side of the city although you could come up ther via the coastal roads. Secondly, you might find prices in Cottosloe quite steep as it's an older established suburb. Wembley would be a lot closer to OP and is a very nice suburb.

If you are working in the CBD, then look at the suburbs along the Perth-Fremantle train line - the western suburbs. More expensive than most other areas but the public transport is good. www.reiwa.com.au is the place to start as you will be able to select this section on the map to shortlist specific properties - click Perth Inner Metro then Western Suburbs. Subiaco, Daglish, West Leederville, Shenton Park, Claremont are all right on the train line and Nedlands, Wembley, Cottesloe etc close by. Regular bus services run through all areas. As a young couple without children, you should be able to find a suitable place and you will certainly manage with just one car. A SmartRider Card will get you into town on a train or a bus for around $2.50.

My brother in law lives in Nollamara and used to live in Joondanna, both of which are near Osborne Park. It seemed nice and quiet when I was there, they pay $450 for a 3 bed villa. We drove for about 5 mins to Stirling train station (v near Osborne Park), 3 stops and ur in the city.

Osbourne park is more industrial than residential - the residential bit is Innaloo. if you can afford it go for Lederville or Subiaco - areas that have a buzz about them and easy to commute into town. Cottesloe is nice - the leafy suburbs, expensive, the most famous beach in Perth but a bit dull apart from Sunday afternoons when everyone hits the hotel on the beach! Subiaco is your best bet if you can afford it.

Guest Samantha

I very much agree with scot, I'm currently living in innaloo which is 5/10 minutes walk away from Osborne park and the same for stirling station, innaloo is a lovely area in it self but deffo no buzz about it.

Sam