Visa with Neurological Condition?

Guest Mrs Fast Twist

Guest Mrs Fast Twist

Hi all

My hubby is in the process of gaining skills assessment. We are going for a permanent visa and so me and my two girls would be on his visa. I was diagnosed with a rare neurological condition last year, and after undergoing brain surgery, I am well on my way to recovery. I will always have this condition tho as the surgery was not a cure, but I am wondering if this will thwart our visa in any way? I felt fabulous when I went over to Perth in March and think that the weather will be much better for me over there health wise.

Would I have any reason to be worried about our medicals or am I worrying unnecessarily?:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, my name is Scott and my wife's name is Emma . We have just had our meds and all went well I think , my wife has a neurological disorder and has just had a stimulator implant witch is connected to spinal cord to to reduce pain in her feet . We was asked by doctors when having meds done for a report on this so we should have this soon hopefully and out meds sent to Co . Reason I'm asking have you had your meds done and sent off and was the out come ok with visa . Many thanks hope all is well and you get to Perth :0)

Guest Mrs Fast Twist
Hi there, my name is Scott and my wife's name is Emma . We have just had our meds and all went well I think , my wife has a neurological disorder and has just had a stimulator implant witch is connected to spinal cord to to reduce pain in her feet . We was asked by doctors when having meds done for a report on this so we should have this soon hopefully and out meds sent to Co . Reason I'm asking have you had your meds done and sent off and was the out come ok with visa . Many thanks hope all is well and you get to Perth :0)

Thanks for your post Scott, I was beginning to think everyone was ignoring me! No we haven't applied for our visa yet, we are just waiting to hear the outcome of Skills Assessment. You're a bit further ahead than us so you'll have to let me know how it goes. I wish you all the best for you and your wife, and that you get the good news you want xx

Guest vinny1275

The acid test is whether / how much your ongoing treatment will cost the Oz health system - they have a line in the sand ($20K I think), for what the medications would cost, and if you're over that, you won't be successful (this is regardless of whether you can pay for it yourself) - if you're worried about it, one of the reccommended migration agents (search on here and the same names come up time and time again) would be a good first stop for advice on this. You might also need to get your consultant / surgeon to prepare case notes to support your diagnosis / prognosis for your medical. (BTW, if you're going for a permanent visa, you'll have your own visa in its own right, it grants you all the same rights as your husband...)

HTH (and good luck!)

Vince

Hi all, been to hospital today for check up all went well . the nurse was from Brisbane and said we should not have a problem as Medtronic ( this is the implant opp my wife had) was one of the largest centres Over there in Brisbane and Perth . So she said she was going to write a positive letter for us to send with our meds next week as this opp has worked really well , my wife was on cruches for 5 years and then in a wheel chair for around 4 years and the past 6 weeks only using 1 cruch to get about :0) I hoe the $20k will not stop us as my wife will have to have her battery changed in 4to 5 years time. The nurse did say we will probably have to pay a bit more on our medical health care insurance . Anyway I'll keep you posted and good luck to all and thanks for your replies .

Hi hope all goes well with S A . Thanks for your reply I've posted a couple of things on other sites and not had any replies and think the same as you about people ignoring me .any way good luck with it all.are you and your husband looking into having a job to go to before you go ? I'm getting abit worried for myself as I work in plumbing and heating and some of the posts on here are quite negitive about plumbing, my wife's a secondary school teacher so I'm just hoping if we get our visas we can actually get jobs . Well hope all goes well and keep us updated :0) .

Guest Mrs Fast Twist
Hi hope all goes well with S A . Thanks for your reply I've posted a couple of things on other sites and not had any replies and think the same as you about people ignoring me .any way good luck with it all.are you and your husband looking into having a job to go to before you go ? I'm getting abit worried for myself as I work in plumbing and heating and some of the posts on here are quite negitive about plumbing, my wife's a secondary school teacher so I'm just hoping if we get our visas we can actually get jobs . Well hope all goes well and keep us updated :0) .

Thanks we should hear in the next week. My OH has just left the Army after 22 years as a mechanical engineer and is currently awaiting news after a telephone interview with a large resources company over there. We should be ready to submit our EOI soon though god knows how long the invitation will take. I suppose with the ignoring thing, neurological conditions are quite rare and I expect no-one has even heard of my condition. You just never know whether there is someone else out there with the same thing.

Good luck with your plumbing search, I've no idea about that, or teaching to be honest. I am still recovering from my brain surgery so not working at the mo. I hope your visa process goes nice and smoothly x

• 1 month later...
Guest Mrs Fast Twist
Hi all, been to hospital today for check up all went well . the nurse was from Brisbane and said we should not have a problem as Medtronic ( this is the implant opp my wife had) was one of the largest centres Over there in Brisbane and Perth . So she said she was going to write a positive letter for us to send with our meds next week as this opp has worked really well , my wife was on cruches for 5 years and then in a wheel chair for around 4 years and the past 6 weeks only using 1 cruch to get about :0) I hoe the $20k will not stop us as my wife will have to have her battery changed in 4to 5 years time. The nurse did say we will probably have to pay a bit more on our medical health care insurance . Anyway I'll keep you posted and good luck to all and thanks for your replies .

Hi there just wondering if you have heard anything yet, we have now applied for our visas and had medicals done, they were sent in October and have heard from the case officer that there is a backlog of referrals awaiting decisions. I just wondered if you have heard yet and how long we may have to wait. Our house is sold now so we can't wait much longer!!!

Guest Mrs Fast Twist
Hi there, we're still waiting my meds have come back as met, but we are still waiting for 2 of my wife's to come back as they were referred . Our meds we're sent arround 2 week of oct I keep checking the website every day to see if they change. Hopefully soon.

Oh crikey, heard there was a backlog, but that's bad news for us. Mine were only sent to the MOC 10 days ago, rest of the family was on 3rd Nov. sorry to hear its taking so long, I expect they have to weigh up the risks and costs of neuro conditions. Keeping everything crossed we both hear soon xx:arghh:

*Hi this is the stage we are at with dates just to give people some idear, could some one advise me on my wife's status with the forms 160eh and form 26eh as being requested is this some thing they need as myself and my wife both had the same meds done at the same time and mine have come back as met ? Please could some one help with this :0) many thanks and good luck to all. * *** 18/09/2012 Birth certificate or other evidence of age Met Message** 29/08/2012 Copy of your passport Personal Particulars/Photo (bio-data) page Met Message** 29/08/2012 Evidence of change of name Met Message** 29/08/2012 IELTS English Test Report Results Met Message** 29/08/2012 Evidence of overseas qualifications Met Message** 29/08/2012 Evidence of skills assessment Met Message** 29/08/2012 Evidence of study and residence in Regional Australia Not Applicable Message** 09/10/2012 Evidence of work experience Met Message** 29/08/2012 Marriage certificate Met Message** 09/10/2012 Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates Met Message** 29/08/2012 Passport photo Met Message** 29/08/2012 Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray Requested Message** 29/08/2012 Form 26EH - Medical Examination for an Australian visa Requested Message*Person 2 * ** *** 18/09/2012 Birth certificate or other evidence of age Met Message** 29/08/2012 Copy of your passport Personal Particulars/Photo (bio-data) page Met Message** 09/10/2012 Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates Met Message** 29/08/2012 Passport photo Met Message** 08/10/2012 Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray Met Message** 08/10/2012 Form 26EH - Medical Examination for an Australian visa Met Message*people our business***(QAS) Privacy Online Security Copyright & Disclaimer

*Hi this is the stage we are at with dates just to give people some idear, could some one advise me on my wife's status with the forms 160eh and form 26eh as being requested is this some thing they need as myself and my wife both had the same meds done at the same time and mine have come back as met ? Please could some one help with this :0) many thanks and good luck to all. * *** 18/09/2012 Birth certificate or other evidence of age Met Message** 29/08/2012 Copy of your passport Personal Particulars/Photo (bio-data) page Met Message** 29/08/2012 Evidence of change of name Met Message** 29/08/2012 IELTS English Test Report Results Met Message** 29/08/2012 Evidence of overseas qualifications Met Message** 29/08/2012 Evidence of skills assessment Met Message** 29/08/2012 Evidence of study and residence in Regional Australia Not Applicable Message** 09/10/2012 Evidence of work experience Met Message** 29/08/2012 Marriage certificate Met Message** 09/10/2012 Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates Met Message** 29/08/2012 Passport photo Met Message** 29/08/2012 Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray Requested Message** 29/08/2012 Form 26EH - Medical Examination for an Australian visa Requested Message*Person 2 * ** *** 18/09/2012 Birth certificate or other evidence of age Met Message** 29/08/2012 Copy of your passport Personal Particulars/Photo (bio-data) page Met Message** 09/10/2012 Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates Met Message** 29/08/2012 Passport photo Met Message** 08/10/2012 Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray Met Message** 08/10/2012 Form 26EH - Medical Examination for an Australian visa Met Message*people our business***(QAS) Privacy Online Security Copyright & Disclaimer

Hi all, has anyone got any info on how long visa will take. My wife's meds were referred some time ago

[TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 29/08/2012[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Form 26EH - Medical Examination for an Australian visa[/TD]

[TD=width: 10%]Requested[/TD]

[TD=width: 15%]Message[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 29/08/2012[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray[/TD]

[TD=width: 10%]Requested[/TD]

[TD=width: 15%]Message[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Is this the norm for how long it takes all the other requirement have come back as met including the same forms for me as we had meds at the same time, is anyone going through the same time scale as this as we are getting a bit worried now it's taking so long :0( hope some one could help me on this one .

Many thanks and good luck .

• 4 weeks later...