Greetings from Canada

wallywombat

Hello everyone,

Elliott and I are a couple trying to fulfil our life long ambition to live in Australia and have submitted and EOI and an application to WA for state sponsorship. We are currently waiting for a response and obsessively checking our inbox in the hopes the great anticipated email from the State offering to nominate us for the 190 visa is there. I have a positive skills assessment for the General Accountant occupation; our SS application was submitted October 10th.

We are extremely excited about the possibility of moving to WA and are still pretty open to areas to live.

I have been following these forums for a couple of weeks now (obsessively of course) and find it so useful and therapeutic. We have had to keep our plans pretty much all to ourselves on the most part and the few people that do know we have started the process, don't really want us to go so it's not the same when talking to them. It's nice to be able to share with others who genuinely understand and feel the NEED for Australia!!

Onwards and upwards!

Rosie & Elliott

Hi Rosie & Elliott,

I'm Levi and I'm glad I found your thread. I'm also somewhat of an economist (accounting / insurance / marketing / management / stock exchange etc.) and for now I am curious which assessing authority should economists get in touch with. As far as I understand there are three, but don't know yet which one.

TRA as far as I understand are for tradies (am I saying it right?) so not good for the field of economics.. ?

Let me know how your assessment (and IELTS test) went - I would also like to move to Australia. Keep us updated and hope to keep in touch.

Other than this, welcome to this forum!

Levi

• 1 month later...
Hello everyone,

Elliott and I are a couple trying to fulfil our life long ambition to live in Australia and have submitted and EOI and an application to WA for state sponsorship. We are currently waiting for a response and obsessively checking our inbox in the hopes the great anticipated email from the State offering to nominate us for the 190 visa is there. I have a positive skills assessment for the General Accountant occupation; our SS application was submitted October 10th.

We are extremely excited about the possibility of moving to WA and are still pretty open to areas to live.

I have been following these forums for a couple of weeks now (obsessively of course) and find it so useful and therapeutic. We have had to keep our plans pretty much all to ourselves on the most part and the few people that do know we have started the process, don't really want us to go so it's not the same when talking to them. It's nice to be able to share with others who genuinely understand and feel the NEED for Australia!!

Onwards and upwards!

Rosie & Elliott

Hi there,

so nice to hear from another Canuck! My family and I just moved from Cambridge, ON in August and are loving it here! My husband is from WA but was inCanada with me for 10 years. My family was and is not happy with our decision so I know about not being able to talk to them about how excited you are to do this. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. Best of luck on Getting your visa. Talk soon.

Paula