WA State Sponsorship Financial Breakdown

Nikkis2000

Hi all,

I know there have been hundreds of threads before about the cost of living etc but I was just wondering where people who have recently applied for WA state sponsorship got their info from, for their estimate of cost of living.

I am not talking about rental costs etc as I can find this from property websites etc but more the specifics such as utility costs, rates, phones, insurance etc.

I have managed to get a rough idea using old threads but much of the information is from 2011 or before. Whilst this is useful, it's not necessarily reflective of the real costs today which have more than likely gone up.:sad:

It would be great to find some sources of up to date information.

Thanks in advance!

Nikki

I am not talking about rental costs etc as I can find this from property websites etc but more the specifics such as utility costs, rates, phones, insurance etc. I have managed to get a rough idea using old threads but much of the information is from 2011 or before.

Hi

Start with this link on this site. It is a Cost of living thread from September 2012 http://www.perthpoms.com/forum/money-finance/8247-cost-living-2.html You may have missed it when searching.

It will at least let you list out and get starting figures for what you are looking for. May be just add 10% to the figures and you should be on the safe side. Really all down to what you will be earning, where you will be wanting to settle and how much disposable income you will have. Some people live frugally, some do not and everyone different, e.g. some have privaye health care, some have Foxtel (Sky), some have not, some have two cars and sme one and so on. I suppose you build your budget table on what your own style will be, fill it in as much as you can and then refine it as you get more information.

Guest Carolyne
Hi all,

I know there have been hundreds of threads before about the cost of living etc but I was just wondering where people who have recently applied for WA state sponsorship got their info from, for their estimate of cost of living.

I am not talking about rental costs etc as I can find this from property websites etc but more the specifics such as utility costs, rates, phones, insurance etc.

I have managed to get a rough idea using old threads but much of the information is from 2011 or before. Whilst this is useful, it's not necessarily reflective of the real costs today which have more than likely gone up.:sad:

It would be great to find some sources of up to date information.

Thanks in advance!

Nikki

Hi Nikki

I have a friend in Secret Harbour, she gave me the following costs so we could work out our finanaces after my husband was offered a job with sponsorship.

All the below are what she pays per month :

Electricity - $100

Gas - $40

Phone & Internet - $250

Mobile - $60

House Contents - $60

Health Insurance - $60

Car Rego - $45

Food - $150/week average

Hope this helps.

Kind regards, Carolyne

Thanks both - definitely good places to start!

Like you say Straighttothepoint it depends on what we are likely to earn and how we live etc and naturally we will have to make some assumptions on expected salary and rental costs. As this is for the application it's also about getting accurate (ish) figures for the basics so that we can prove that we've done the research and can afford to live over there without being a burden.