Mullaloo Beach Primary School

Guest Kruti

Guest Kruti

Hi all, hope you are well

I am looking to move to Mullaloo in Dec and hoping to enroll my son and daughter to Mullaloo Beach Primary school. They are both currently privately educated here in the UK in small schools and are in the top set. I wanted to enroll them in private school there but the waiting list is huge. Does anyone know anything about this school and the area itself? Are there any other really good academic schools in Joondalup?

Thanks so much

Guest dean74

Hi Kruti,

I was also hoping someone would answer this, we have just returned from Mullaloo after validating our passports and really keen on settling in this area.

We contacted St Marks private school for our 5 year old son but unfortunately they have a mega long waiting list but were told to put his name down for a high school place.

We have emailed Mullaloo heights, Mullaloo Beach and Springfield primarys and have been invited to view the schools, the only one I can see which provide after school care is Heights but not 100% sure about the other two, this is something which will come in handy for us.

We make the jump in May!! counting the days down.

My kids are in St Mark's and it's an excellent school. Put their names down, you never know. I wasn't expectng to get my youngest in until Year 7 and I got a place half way through year 4. Keep sending polite emails once registered with them and you may strike lucky like I did.

As for public primary schools in that area I would choose Mullaloo Beach over Heights and Springfield over the Mullaloo schools. Just my opinion of course based on the kids my kids mix with from both those schools.

Guest dean74
My kids are in St Mark's and it's an excellent school. Put their names down, you never know. I wasn't expectng to get my youngest in until Year 7 and I got a place half way through year 4. Keep sending polite emails once registered with them and you may strike lucky like I did.

As for public primary schools in that area I would choose Mullaloo Beach over Heights and Springfield over the Mullaloo schools. Just my opinion of course based on the kids my kids mix with from both those schools.

Thanks,

Will make sure we put his name down as soon as we arrive.:biggrin:

Guest Kruti

Hi,

I have put names down for Lake Joondalup Baptist College. Anyone have any children attending that school or any experience, helpful advice etc?

Dean, how old are your children? Have you found somewhere to live in Mullaloo? Would you like to keep in touch? Maybe we can meet up in Dec. Nice to have someone of from here who has been through the process.

Kruti

Hi,

I have put names down for Lake Joondalup Baptist College. Anyone have any children attending that school or any experience, helpful advice etc?

Dean, how old are your children? Have you found somewhere to live in Mullaloo? Would you like to keep in touch? Maybe we can meet up in Dec. Nice to have someone of from here who has been through the process.

Kruti

I know lots of parents who send their children there. They are very happy with their choice.

Guest Kruti

Also, I know Dec is a long way away, I am a bit of an obsessive when it comes to planning and organising, but if anyone knows of good short-term or holiday rental properties in the Mullaloo Beach Primary catchment area, please can you let me know.

I am absolutely terrified about the move. My children are so settled and my daughters school is all girls with 12 people in the class. I am scared stiff she will not settle in a large co-ed school.

Guest dean74
Hi,

Kruti

Hi Kruti,

A meet up sounds great, the more friendly faces the better.

We have three children our 18 year old daughter is applying for Fremantle Uni and my 16 year old daughter will be going on a TAFE course in the CBD both have visited and been guided around the complexes and thankfully are looking forward to beginning their new life, its the parents that worry more!!

My son is only 5, big gap I know but he is really excited about switching schools which surprised me as he has some good mates at his current school, after seeing all the kids playing out at break time in Mullaloo in the sunshine and climbing on the frames I think even he realised that oz has more to offer.

We are renting for 6 months in Mullaloo with the intention to buy around Dec / Jan time by which time the Dollar will be worth $2 to the pound and I can afford a nice luxurious beach front home (One lives in hope). :wacko:

• 7 months later...
Hi Kruti,

We have three children our 18 year old daughter is applying for Fremantle Uni and my 16 year old daughter will be going on a TAFE course in the CBD both have visited and been guided around the complexes and thankfully are looking forward to beginning their new life, its the parents that worry more!!

My son is only 5, big gap I know but he is really excited about switching schools which surprised me as he has some good mates at his current school, after seeing all the kids playing out at break time in Mullaloo in the sunshine and climbing on the frames I think even he realised that oz has more to offer.

We are renting for 6 months in Mullaloo with the intention to buy around Dec / Jan time by which time the Dollar will be worth $2 to the pound and I can afford a nice luxurious beach front home (One lives in hope). :wacko:

Hi,

I wonder if you could help me, we move to Mullaloo next week and have been in Perth for two weeks. We can't decide which school Mullaloo Heights or Mullaloo Beach, we have a five year old son.

thank you very much for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

I move over in July and came over August to heck out areas and schools. We have applied for our children to attend St Marks, our youngest is only 2 but hopefully he will get a place by the time he needs to go! I'm not sure which is the best for the primarys. In my opinion there is no better selection process than going into the schools yourself and getting a feel for them. Feedback for both schools seems comparable so I guess it would be down to personal choice. The key is to live within catchment. If you do, then they have to take your child, so that in itself is a weight off. You are moving to a nice area in your choice of Mullaloo. I'm not sure about the High School choices in that area, though both Duncraig and Ocean Reef seem to come out well. Hope this helps a little and loads of luck with your move,

Hi Kruti,

Hi Dean,

we we moved into mullaloo 4 weeks ago with our 5 year old son, who has started at mullaloo heights which he really enjoys, are you still living in the area?