TRA Migration Skills Assessment form

Guest Sidney03

Guest Sidney03

Hello all,

We've now almost completed the TRA form but need a little more help please. Allan has been in the same full time job for the past 3 years, so, as we understand it, he just needs to get a statement from his present employer of the last 3 years - is this correct? Is this statement basically a very detailed reference? It should outline his job role, years worked there, experience etc on headed paper? Sorry if this seems like a very easy, obvious question, but we really would like to get it right first time.

Thank you, Roberta

We asked OH's previous employer to write a reference on his letterhead. It was 3 pages of A4 and he stated when he first met my husband, what his job description was, day to day duties and tools and machinery used. In the end section, he put what he thought of OH's abilities as an employee and craftsman in his trade.

TRA love detail, so never worry about saying too much. The more the better for them.

Good Luck.

Guest Sidney03

Ok, thank you all.

So, just to clarify, we only need a statement from his present employer (who he has been employed by for the past 3 years, full-time), no previous employers? Sorry to repeat myself but my OH is stressing a little about this :arghh:. With regards the institute where he gained his qualifications, this has since been taken over so we will provide a Stat Dec for that to that effect (thank you again Debs for the draft).

Thank you very much, again, Roberta (aka Bob)