Cold winter weekend ahead

portlaunay

So what's everyone up to?

I was planning on getting in the garden again to work on my veggies but no chance in this cold.

My son has the most awesome term - all about space so we're battening down for a weekend of Brian Cox, rocket building and movie making.

I could really do with a log fire and some stew at some point - can anyone help out? We'll be round for Saturday supper, I'll bring a bottle of port...

Guest guest9824

...Mr Pickwicks Particular Tawny, have a full bottle to drink....!

It is cold isn't it, struggling to keep warm at the moment, so am rugged up, with all heaters on, electric bill will be huge! For the weekend, eldest is going to first Ice Hockey game at Cockburn, so we are the taxi there and back, so we will be visiting Freo for dinner and drinks.( any recommendations gratefully received not fussed what we eat... Sunday hubby plays footy for his Masters team at Wilson ( your area again)... I will be cooking a Chrissy in July dinner at home, have Xmascrackers and will cook a roast with all the trimmings, bread sauce and stuffing and maybe open that bottle of Mr Pickwick to finish off the meal....

pea

Sounds awesome pea.

I went to Mother India last night and it was great as usual so if you're up for a ruby, I can recommend there.

I always struggle in Freo when the weather's like this, nowhere has any heating so it's always freezing although Mother's was lovely and warm last night.

You could go see my mates at Run Amuk if you fancy a gourmet hotdog or X-Wray is a bit of a fave of mine.

To be honest, the places we used to like have gone so far downhill and the good places are so cold that we don't eat out in Freo in the evening anymore. Maybe summer will see normal service resume.

Have a good one.

how cold is cold??!

wet windy and 15 degrees here - great summer school hols weather :mad:

J x

I think we had lows of 4 degrees over that weekend with daytime highs of just 15ish.

Today was a glorious winters day. Overnight low of 10 and today it was just 20 degrees. This weekend is different; a wintery 23 degrees forecast for Saturday and Sunday. Brrrr!

Guest guest9824
how cold is cold??!

wet windy and 15 degrees here - great summer school hols weather :mad:

J x

Oh don't you just love the school summer holidays when the weather is pants! Don't miss that at all. Just think Bean when the kiddies will be on summer holidays here it will be very hot! Looking like a nice weekend here 24 degrees daytime and down to 7 at night! Nearly time to take the cover off the pool......:nah:!

So what's everyone up to?

I was planning on getting in the garden again to work on my veggies but no chance in this cold.

My son has the most awesome term - all about space so we're battening down for a weekend of Brian Cox, rocket building and

I could really do with a log fire and some stew at some point - can anyone help out? We'll be round for Saturday supper, I'll bring a bottle of port...

Can't beat the Berry Farm boysenberry port, very yummy! I think Brian cox is visiting Perth soon as part of an Australian tour

Guest guest9824

Coxy is a leg end, and from our neck of the woods. Its not all flat caps and whippets oop narth, there are some brainiacs there too! :wacko: Thanks for the tip Gobby aboot the Port, might have to try that one!

pea

Guest guest9824
Big rain this morning.

I woke at 5.15 and I'm sat under a tin roof and it sounds awesome above me. If there was anyone to talk to we'd be shouting to be heard, love it!

OMG the rain last night.... the roads are like rivers up here, the ducks are loving it! Its pea soup again this morning, more like gorillas in the mist again! Wish we had a tin roof rather than tiles, these houses are not made to deal with that amount of rain! Glad it wont last very long (even though we need the water STTP) I am looking forward to spring! Bring on 1st September!

soaked pea