Sept 189/190 gang!

Cossy_Family

Hi All

think the June gang have a great idea in updating and tracking each others application for mutual help and support. Jump in with any thoughts or events as they happen.

put EOI in on the 28th expecting 190 sometime soon but got offered 189 so very pleased with flexibility. it says CO will take longer up to 8 weeks but not worried as I booked flight tickets six months ago for November anyway!

Hope yours is going well

Andrew and Jayne

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I lodged 189 on 6th August. I have not uploaded any documents yet, they are at the solicitors for certifying and I am picking them up tomorrow. I will upload at the weekend when husband is at work and kids in bed as I am not entirely sure how to scan, save and attach. I have not front loaded any medicals or pccs yet as I am going to wait for the case officer to contact me as I have a lot going on with moving house at the moment. It has been four weeks tomorrow since I lodged and so I hope in another 4 weeks we will get a co. Not done a form 80 I thought I would wait to see if i am asked. I am a nurse so i need to register with ahpra and i was going to wait until i had my visa but now getting a bit excited i might do it now because my husband has to give six months notice at work so i dont want to wait any longer than i have to. We are heading to Ellenbrook, Perth where my sister and her husband live. What about you? Where are you heading?

Hi I lodged 189 on 6th August. I have not uploaded any documents yet, they are at the solicitors for certifying and I am picking them up tomorrow. I will upload at the weekend when husband is at work and kids in bed as I am not entirely sure how to scan, save and attach. I have not front loaded any medicals or pccs yet as I am going to wait for the case officer to contact me as I have a lot going on with moving house at the moment. It has been four weeks tomorrow since I lodged and so I hope in another 4 weeks we will get a co. Not done a form 80 I thought I would wait to see if i am asked. I am a nurse so i need to register with ahpra and i was going to wait until i had my visa but now getting a bit excited i might do it now because my husband has to give six months notice at work so i dont want to wait any longer than i have to. We are heading to Ellenbrook, Perth where my sister and her husband live. What about you? Where are you heading?

Don't wait for CO allocation Edzi. It will sure delay your Grant! Because everything you have to upload within 28 days after requesting from CO. Even CO may overlook your application when he/she will see no documents uploaded.:frown:

Hope you will start from tomorrow.:unsure:

If have any query , just ask the forum here. You are already too late. :smile:

Hi Mithu. Thank you for your reply. I feel a bit stressed now. I thought I would not be getting a case officer for about 8 weeks as advertised on DIAC website which is another 4 weeks away. The only reason I have not uploaded documents is because I could not get into my solicitors until a few weeks after lodging and then I went on a pre-booked holiday last week. I am collecting them tomorrow so will upload tomorrow. I thought though that I could leave the pccs and medicals until after co asks. I am not in a rush to get visa etc with working full time and three kids, I do not have many days to get to a medical so hoping that by the time i get a case officer it may take me up to kids half term where i have a week off so we can all go then. Also I am busy packing for moving. I feel that i would be able to upload anything extra and get medicals and pccs in 28 days if required. I dont think it means from 28 days from lodging does it? Have I just blown £4000? Please can anyone advise if this is all ok what I have done.

Hello Edzi,

- 28 days will count when CO request for documents. So don't worry.

- Nice to see, you are doing visa application job yourself without an agent. Me too. :notworthy:

-you could leave the pccs and medicals until after CO asks.

- Form 80 is a very lengthy one to fill for each 18 yrs and above. So, try to complete it before CO ask for you and your spouse.

Good luck.

Hello Edzi,

- 28 days will count when CO request for documents. So don't worry.

- Nice to see, you are doing visa application job yourself without an agent. Me too. :notworthy:

-you could leave the pccs and medicals until after CO asks.

- Form 80 is a very lengthy one to fill for each 18 yrs and above. So, try to complete it before CO ask for you and your spouse.

Good luck.

Re the 28 days you can extend this is you provide proof to your CO you have booked your medicals and your Pcc receipt. We did this as we had to travel to the UK for our medicals and couldn't do them within 28 days.

Agree with the comment re the form 80. It's quite lengthy and lots of questions on your work (even if you are not claiming work experience) and travel so have a read through the form and start completing it straight away.

Hi All

think the June gang have a great idea in updating and tracking each others application for mutual help and support. Jump in with any thoughts or events as they happen.

put EOI in on the 28th expecting 190 sometime soon but got offered 189 so very pleased with flexibility. it says CO will take longer up to 8 weeks but not worried as I booked flight tickets six months ago for November anyway!

Hope yours is going well

Andrew and Jayne

wow, you've booked your flights before the visa grant? that is awesome! we lodged 190 21/08 and have meds booked for 10/09 then hoping for the golden ticket :) haven't thought of booking flights before visa, only dreamt about the moment i can book after getting the grant :) good luck with everything guys!

We have been looking at North of the river but are flexible. We have booked a short stay apartment for first week, during this time having done a bit of preplanning am intending to find a three to six month let before either long term let or buy. Has anyone got any family friendly areas they have been to an liked either north or south of the river?

We are doing all the paperwork ourselves and have started uploading our docs which took all of yesterday! Have I seen correctly that the secondary applicant doesn't need to prove English language ability as long as English is their first language and they have UK,ROI,Canada etc passport?

Best of luck

Andrew

Hi yes, we are going north of river to Ellenbrook with the children. I have just been to scan all my documents at my brother in laws and just got back bit late to attach now though, may do tomorrow. My scanner just would not work tonight. You are right that secondary applicant does not need to prove english language ability as a passport will suffice if from UK. An agent confirmed that to me even though I have not gone with an agent. The buyers of my house came tonight to say they have been to solicitors and signed papers and would like to move in next Friday. I guess I am waiting for my solicitors now to contact me but it all seems a bit too short notice but at least the house is sold and off my hands so that I can go straight to Australia. Keep me updated.

Michelle and Paul.

Hi certified documents now safely uploaded. I am going to take the advice of people on here and start filling out the form 80 just in case. I just wanted to ask that on my evisa account it states the documents recommended but not all apply to me so is it ok to just leave them and also how do you prove your children are part of your family unit? I have already uploaded birth certificate and passport on other titles, shall I just leave it? I think that is all I need to ask for now, no doubt i will be back in touch with problems on the form 80. Also what do i do to inform visa people that i have changed my address? I think there is a form, do i just print it out fill it in and scan it in and if so where do i scan it? Is it to the link at the side under your status? Thanks. Sorry for all the questions. Also what is the name of the form? Gosh i am sure it would be easier with an agent but at least i am in control.

Michelle and Paul.

Hi certified documents now safely uploaded. I am going to take the advice of people on here and start filling out the form 80 just in case. I just wanted to ask that on my evisa account it states the documents recommended but not all apply to me so is it ok to just leave them and also how do you prove your children are part of your family unit? I have already uploaded birth certificate and passport on other titles, shall I just leave it? I think that is all I need to ask for now, no doubt i will be back in touch with problems on the form 80. Also what do i do to inform visa people that i have changed my address? I think there is a form, do i just print it out fill it in and scan it in and if so where do i scan it? Is it to the link at the side under your status? Thanks. Sorry for all the questions. Also what is the name of the form? Gosh i am sure it would be easier with an agent but at least i am in control.

Michelle and Paul.

Hi Michelle Paul

You can prove your children are part of your family unit by supplying copies of their birth certificates. When we did ours reloaded everything as they also required the children's copy passports for confirmation of identity. It may also mean you need to load some documents more than once as proof. I'm not sure about the form for your change of address but I do believe there is one you need to complete.

Any questions just ask and I'll try and help.

Lou

• 1 month later...

Hi Cossy Family,

I lodged my application also on the 2nd of September. Do you already have a Co? We are still waiting. Are you a nurse as well? Where are you from?

Cheers

Hi Sept gang

Some of the familys that have been getting there co and 189 visas have mentioned a backlog in Diac delaying the process beyond 8 weeks, has anyone got a recent update on how long the process is on average at the moment?

Thanks Andrew

Hi all,

I submitted my application on 26/08/13. Been told that i have been assigned to team 33 but no CO yet... Almost 8 weeks now.... So a bit anxious!

Congrats to all those who have got their visas! :D

I filled in my Form 80 and gave my agent at the start. I know she hasnt uploaded it to skills select. When exactly is this needed? After a CO is assigned is it?

Thanks. :)

Hi Dinz,

did you upload your medicals already?

Hi all,

I submitted my application on 26/08/13. Been told that i have been assigned to team 33 but no CO yet... Almost 8 weeks now.... So a bit anxious!

Congrats to all those who have got their visas! :D

I filled in my Form 80 and gave my agent at the start. I know she hasnt uploaded it to skills select. When exactly is this needed? After a CO is assigned is it?

Thanks. :)

Yea exactly! In my case, my agent said that she will tell us to do the medicals in two weeks when we submtted the application and she did. So we went ahead with it. She said that its better to have all the docs uploaded at the same time etc. I was also a bit skeptical about it because I saw on the DIAC website etc that you should wait to do the medicals. Im really not sure which is the better method. Ours certainly hasnt speeded up the process!

Hi Cossy Family,

I lodged my application also on the 2nd of September. Do you already have a Co? We are still waiting. Are you a nurse as well? Where are you from?

Cheers

Hi everyone

We haven't had a word from DIAC yet, not expecting CO for maybe two more weeks, more we are fying to Perth end of November so if they can hurry up it would be appreciated! My OH is a midwife moving from Cornwall to Perth (NOR), how about everyone else?

Hello Dinz, The form 80 is not mandatory, it may be asked for at the CO's discretion.

Lts keep each other updated on progress (or lack off) to help with the wait

Andrew

HI everyone,

I've just filled in my emedial form online. It states I only have to do Medical examination, Hiv test and chest x-ray. I heard that all nurses have to do Hep c and b test as well. Did you do these tests?

Cheers

hi,

Yes that how it works. You will go to the doctor with the form and everything and he will eventually test u for hep c and b too if you are a nurse.

cheers

Francene

Thanks Cossy_Family.

Just found out from my agent that more documents have been requested. She seems to be taking it coolly and said she has 28 days to send them! We have given her everything including a heap of photographs. How can I get her to send the info tonight and not take ages!

Honestly though, I think its easier to do this whole process on your own than through an agent cz atleast you have control. Not knowing whats happening is driving me mad!

189 Lodged 26/08/13, Medical and PCC 10/09/2013, Status change to "recieved" 23/09/13, CO 21/10/2013, Mail from CO to agent 23/10/2013, Agent sends info to CO ????!!!!!:arghh:, Grant ?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh::arghh::arghh: