Hi I'm Alex

Guest lexyp

Hi I'm Alex and me and my family are going to Perth in the New Year. Bit nervous and scared but quite excited. Sold the house, got visa, well on our way. Hoping to move South of river and would love to speak to someone who's feeling the same way.

Alex :P

Hi - I'll be in Como/South Perth if that's any use?! Two sons, 5 1/2 and 2 by the time we get there in December. I'm moving from Melbourne but a fellow British expat.

Nat

Guest amanda

we are moving to perth soon and i have two daughters sophie 14, and jenny 12, both are excited and a bit scared. just think of all the fun you will have making new friends, as your mum says just think of all the new adventures that you will have, good luck

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow - just looking at Alex's post in August last year and now we're actually here.

Update is: Alex loves it here, she doesn't miss her friends as much as she thought she was (which is a relief to all of us), the other day she said she doesn't even think of the UK as home anymore.

She's made friends very easily here (again a relief as you know what 11/12 year old girls can be like).

I know she'd be happy to answer any questions if you're a similar age and are a bit nervous because she remembers feeling the same way.

Ali

• 2 months later...
Guest tomo family

Hi we are also going through the process to move to perth my girls are 12 & 9 and they are really giddy at the moment but i worry the nearer it gets the more they will need someone to talk to especially the 12 yr old. It would be good for Courtney to meet some friends who have already been through the experience!

Hi Tomo family,

Alex would be happy to talk to Courtney, send me a pm and I'll send her details. Alex was a bit worried when the whole thing started about leaving friends etc.,- but is so happy now, she's made friends easily enough and has a small group of close friends (just like she did in the UK).

Ali

• 4 weeks later...
Guest UK2Perth

Hi My daughter is 11 and we will be moving to Perth. Can anyone tell me what there is to do for the kids? We visited in Aug 07 for 12 days and although there were a lot of parks everywhere, we never saw anyone on them (apart from us!) We went to Perth Zoo and the AQWA at Hilary's Boat Harbour (which is well worth a visit to see the divers feeding the sharks) but didn't really see any notices advertising for the children to get involved in. I'm sure there are things for them to do, we just didn't see them x

We tend to go the parks on a weekend - we like Kings Park, Whiteman Park Wireless Hill Park and South Beach in Freo (bit too cold recently though). My son has just finished his soccer season and there's some sort of sport all year round I think - we tend to see alot of things advertised in our local paper

Ali

Guest UK2Perth

Hi Ali thanks for your reply I will bear that in mind... I am visiting Perth again next month minus my 11 yr old as she is on a school trip for a week. If I relocate with my job we may end up having to move to Adelaide. Don't know much about Adelaide though at the moment. My fiance is near Joondalup, where about's is Leeming?

Guest kevtheplasterer
we are moving to perth soon and i have two daughters sophie 14, and jenny 12, both are excited and a bit scared. just think of all the fun you will have making new friends, as your mum says just think of all the new adventures that you will have, good luck

hi amanda where abouts in perth you moving to

Guest UK2Perth

Ali,

I want you to be the first to know, I may be in Perth by Christmas! I am so excited!!! I was in tears this morning because I needed a degree to apply for the skills visa as an IT Professional but as me and Mark are getting married next year and he has a 136 visa, I can apply under the prospective marriage visa as long as we book and confirm the wedding for next year which we can do when I'm out there next month! I wanted to get married in the UK with all my friends and family there but hey ho, it's a small price to pay for what will be ahead of us and we can always come back and have a party in the UK afterwards, not a problem. Even better it takes 2-3 months to come through rather than 6-12 which is how long I would've had to wait using the skills visa! It's all coming together nicely! A bit of perseverance is what it needs! Never give up!! :)

Guest kevtheplasterer

i am sooo happy for you we are also getting married in oz next year thinking barrier reef and family can come out here we have set our application and are waiting on police checks and meds wanted to be there jan not sure its going to take now started our application in feb looking ay bunbury/mandurah area

Guest UK2Perth

Hi Kev,

Yeah the 136 is the one that Mark went out on. We wanted to be sure it's what we wanted which is why he went out ahead of me.. Luckily it will take half as long with half the fees for me to go!

Good Luck with your application!

• 1 year later...
Guest adamsfamily
Hi Tomo family,

Alex would be happy to talk to Courtney, send me a pm and I'll send her details. Alex was a bit worried when the whole thing started about leaving friends etc.,- but is so happy now, she's made friends easily enough and has a small group of close friends (just like she did in the UK).

Hello Ali,

would your daughter be happy to reply to an email or two from my daughter zoe as she really keen to get a little penpal prior to arriving in Perth early next year?

many thanks, Nikki.

• 10 months later...
Guest SaTish

I thought Alex and Ty made a cute couple, they looked so good together.And it was sad when they split up, it was even sadder when she died, i was crying when i watch todays episode the one where she dies.

• 1 year later...
Guest Katie Gorman

Hi alex, my mum has already moved out to perth i'm not moving out there yet because my dad doesn't want me to til i finish school. But I'll be out there basically every holiday including this Christmas and Easter.

But I feel the same way.

From Katie