Help!!! How to get a police check from Cyprus?

Dartmoor345

Hi guys,

We are at the last hurdle and have only just come up against a slight problem!!! :arghh:

Myself and wife are both in the RAF at present and served in Cyprus for 2 years, so we have to provide police certificates from Cyprus, but as we were there while in the Military we "weren't really there".

I have found the form on the Cypriot police website for an, issuance of a clear criminal record certificate, but it asks for an ARC number and pink, yellow slips(I assume some form of visa to live there).

If there is anyone out there that has been through this process or knows someone who has, could you please give us some advice on what you sent off to the Cypriots.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Hi guys,

We are at the last hurdle and have only just come up against a slight problem!!! :arghh:

Myself and wife are both in the RAF at present and served in Cyprus for 2 years, so we have to provide police certificates from Cyprus, but as we were there while in the Military we "weren't really there".

I have found the form on the Cypriot police website for an, issuance of a clear criminal record certificate, but it asks for an ARC number and pink, yellow slips(I assume some form of visa to live there).

If there is anyone out there that has been through this process or knows someone who has, could you please give us some advice on what you sent off to the Cypriots.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Hiya Mike,

We had it get the Police Clearance from Cyprus as my husband was in the Signals in Dhekelia and we lived there for a couple if years.

I rang up the police in Nicosia. From memory I sent in a copy if my passport and the money required in an envelope and it was done in a week or two.

I can't remember how many euro now, but they were quite helpful. Not very professional! Just chuck the money in an envelope and we'll do one for you! Very Cypriot!

I might have posted something in Poms in Oz I think about it?

Good luck,

Donna x

• 4 years later...

Hi Mike, 

Did you resolve this issue? I am having the same issue, I lived in Cyprus as a child but I don't have any of the slips or ARC numbers to obtain a police check! I called them up and they just said it wouldn't be possible without it. I have a letter from my school stating that I attended so not sure what else I can do! 

Thanks, 

Leanne

• 1 year later...