suburbs

Both suburbs have a high number of British residents, schools get pluses, both are near the main infrastructure / all the things you will need, both 10 minutes to the beach, Carramar cheaper than Woodvale probably due to location and block size. If you are to work in the city, and can afford it, then Woodvale would be my choice due to the shorter commute. Really down to what you want from a suburb and your budget I guess.

If you have kids I would choose Woodvale if you can afford it. Better schools at senior level, closer to everything and if your kids are older you will spend a lot of time ferrying them around if you live in Carramar as the public transport isn't as good as Woodvale.

We are renting in Woodvale and I can recommend it. The houses are older so tend to be fairly big plot sizes. My eldest goes to Woodvale Secondary College which we are very happy with and I hear the primary schools are very good too. It 20 mins drive or public transport to the city, 10 minutes to the beach (Mullaloo), 10 minutes to shopping centres, both Whitfords and Lakeside in Joondalup. My daughter finds it easy to get around on buses from here too. We are hoping to be able to stay in Woodvale but we have some saving to do if we want to buy a house here!