Henderson/Rockingham

Sami

We originally rented in Rockingham when we arrived and now live just up the road in Kwinana. Rockingham has a great beach and Foreshaw, lots of lovely cafe's / restuarents, if you get there try Betty Blues for a sunday breakfast. ITs very popular with families. Like anywhere we've found its difficult to generalise, i.e. is an area good or bad. Overall we like it, but the houses (for us) were a bit expensive, so we brought further afield. Saying that its alot cheaper than Perth itself. There's a great shopping centre, hospital etc, so pretty much everything you need.

Havent got young kids so cant comments on schools sorry.

Henderson is more industrial, not so much housing.

Bried, but hope that helps.

General advice with anyone coming out here is to rent in the general area you'r thinknig about and then exlpore the areas to see if you really like them. Typically we found that two street closeby have very different feels, so you really cant generalise.

Hope that gives an initial idea.

Nick

Thanks Nic964 and Portlaunay. Funkft I've been in touch with a school friend who migrated a few years ago to Perth and it turns out she lives in Rockingham so I am getting lots of advice from her and her husband who is Australian. She is also a teacher so although she doesn't have kids yet I am sure she will have good advice on schools. Any information I feel would be of interest to you I will forward to you :)

Thanks Nic964 and Portlaunay. Funkft I've been in touch with a school friend who migrated a few years ago to Perth and it turns out she lives in Rockingham so I am getting lots of advice from her and her husband who is Australian. She is also a teacher so although she doesn't have kids yet I am sure she will have good advice on schools. Any information I feel would be of interest to you I will forward to you :)

That would be great - Thank you