May or October for visit?

orca

Hiya

My husband and I and our 2 kids are planning to visit Perth this year to see if we want to emigrate. We can go in May or October but not sure which month is better.

I know Oct is a bit warmer but our youngest would be 10months instead of 5 on the long flight...and id rather travel with a 5 month i think! But will May be warm enough to go in a pool if we rented a house with one?

Please bear in mind we are from Scotland and it was snowing today! So we are used to a much cooler climate!

Also would anyone fancy a bbq get together when we are visiting be great to meet folk who have made the move - would be in northern suburbs.

Many thanks! :)

really up to you, check out the opening hours of the places you want to visit, and the weather online. This should help coupled with the issue of flights. See whats available and the prices. Same on accommodation. When ever you go you should still be able to get a good feel for the place, so see what best fits the family and go with it :) Good luck with your adventure.

We arrived in August and the kids insisted on going to the beach daily. That was when it was low twenties and now there's no way we'd go for a swim unless it was at least 32. Either month would be fine, the nights will be cold but every day will feel like the best summers day you've ever had. Even if it's rainy it'll still be relatively warm and the rain is that big, heavy downpour that doesn't last long.

Guest guest9824

You know my views on this bean but you could get lucky and rent with a heated pool, so all good. It will depend on how warm October is...it can be warm....pool might be a bit chilly though.....brrrrrrrrrrr, not for the wee brave boy though x

You know my views on this bean but you could get lucky and rent with a heated pool, so all good. It will depend on how warm October is...it can be warm....pool might be a bit chilly though.....brrrrrrrrrrr, not for the wee brave boy though x

have I told you of his bravery? this time last year he needed 17 stitches in his wee leg after a coral-related incident in the red sea :( a cold pool is nothing to Joe, to me however brrrrrrr!