Looking to make the move... Any help & advise greatly appreciated

Guest Natalie_c1806

Guest Natalie_c1806

Hi All

I'm looking to make the move to Australia with my wife, daughter who's 24 and son who's 21 and looking for all the advice and guidance I can get to do it the best way...

I'm 48 years old and have over 30 years experience in the building trade (bricklaying/block paving) I was self employed for a number of years and I'm now currently working as a site foreman for a construction company. Although I have plenty of experience, I don't have any formal qualifications, so I'm concerned that I would find it difficult to find work??? ...and which area is my line of work most in demand for?

Im also concerned that when applying for a skilled workers visa I would be declined due to having no formal qualifications and my age... Any advice on this would be great ( I have found that there are places that can provide AQF qualifications based on experience, so this may be an option as well)???

Thanks in advance

Henry

From what you have posted - just given your age you will not be able to pass the points test.

Also unless your children are still in full-time education it would be unlikely that they would still be classed as dependents, therefore would need to be eligible for their own visas.

Guest Natalie_c1806

Thanks for your reply. Is that just for the skilled workers visa? Would you suggest any other type of visa I could apply for or other way of getting in, do you think I could find work based on my experience and look at potentially getting an employer sponsorship?

Thanks for your reply. Is that just for the skilled workers visa? Would you suggest any other type of visa I could apply for or other way of getting in, do you think I could find work based on my experience and look at potentially getting an employer sponsorship?

Employer sponsored is an option BUT most trades do not find it easy to find sponsorship as many employers would not meet the requirements to become an an approved business sponsor.

Then you will face the same problems with age if it is a temp visa that you have been sponsored on, if you are looking for PR, as the age limit is again 50. There are some age exemptions - which are to work for your 457 employer for 4 years making at least the High Income threshold for each of those years which is currently around $130KAUD per year.

RUn your case past a registered migration agent to make sure.

What about your partner - what is her occupation??