Migration Agents

Smith80

My wife and I are looking at moving to WA next year. Is it best going through a Migration Agent or is the visa process "easy" enough to do on our own?

It depends on how complicated your circumstances are and how confident you are doing it yourself. I did our application but we aren't divorced or have custody issues with kids and our occupations were on the skills list. We went for the 189 visa and it was quite straight forward, although I recommend you read the immi website booklets carefully and ask lots of questions on here as others may be able to assist you if they've gone through the same process. A mistake can be costly and not just financially. There are of course other advantages in using an agent particularly as they will be aware of imminent changes which might trip you up if you're doing it yourself. You can always have an initial chat with an agent before deciding what's best for you. Just make sure they are Mara registered.

Good luck!

Lou

If I knew then what I know now I would have done it myself. The agent tells you what you need and you go get it. But as Lou said, if your application is not straight forward because of family issues, criminal history, health issues etc then an agent is the best way forward. I'm taking my son but it's with his fathers blessing so I had no problems there. Others have had to go to court for the same thing.

I used John Adams from immigration2oz and he was fab. And you pay as you go, not all in one lump sum.

Good luck with your decision.

Debs

If I knew then what I know now I would have done it myself. The agent tells you what you need and you go get it. But as Lou said, if your application is not straight forward because of family issues, criminal history, health issues etc then an agent is the best way forward. I'm taking my son but it's with his fathers blessing so I had no problems there. Others have had to go to court for the same thing.

I used John Adams from immigration2oz and he was fab. And you pay as you go, not all in one lump sum.

Good luck with your decision.

Debs

Yeah we have heard good things about immigration2oz. We're at Down Under Live in Glasgow this weekend so hoping to have a chat with them there. We should be fairly straight forward. No kids, no health or criminal history issues so hopefully easy enough. What kind of fees would we be looking at?

We went to the down under live in Birmingham at the beginning of the month. Immi 2 oz seem really good and do a free visa check. John Adams will only take you on if he believes you'll get a visa. Think they charge around £1800 ish plus the IELTS test. You need to do that first before they start the process. They're really good. Get on the train4gap webinars too. They hold one a week on a Wednesday evening with loads of migration info such as jobs, skills select healthcare banking and finance. Really recommend them! X