Lodging 189 visa tomorrow

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lodged my 189 this morning! Waiting game begins. Just hoping it comes through before mid June as that's when my working holiday visa expires. Its been a long old slog to this point so hopefully this last bit should be ok.

Congrats tom, hope the wait won't be too long, I see some people have got away with no delay & granted within a few weeks, hopefully we will be one of those.

If you check the other threads about visa timescales you'll see that there may be a bit of a wait. Just wanted to give you the heads up. They are only allocating so many before the end of June and then in July they get their new quota for the year. Good luck.

Yeah looks like Aussie government are being pretty naughty at the minute. Taking ~$3500 off people, then not issuing their visas. Be better if that money could sit in our bank accounts earning interest instead of the other way round but never mind, what can you do! Lets just hope they turn them around pretty quick.

I'm now looking at a bridging visa, once your invitation has come through and you have logged the visa I think because your waiting for an immigration decision you qualify for a bridging visa. (FYI im already in Australia on a working holiday visa). But trying to get through to someone on the phone to ask the question is a right mission! DIACS customer service and phone 'help'desk is atrocious.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah looks like Aussie government are being pretty naughty at the minute. Taking ~$3500 off people, then not issuing their visas. Be better if that money could sit in our bank accounts earning interest instead of the other way round but never mind, what can you do! Lets just hope they turn them around pretty quick.

I'm now looking at a bridging visa, once your invitation has come through and you have logged the visa I think because your waiting for an immigration decision you qualify for a bridging visa. (FYI im already in Australia on a working holiday visa). But trying to get through to someone on the phone to ask the question is a right mission! DIACS customer service and phone 'help'desk is atrocious.

Any word tom?

• 2 weeks later...
Medicals were done the 9th of April and police clearance was uploaded 10th so waiting game from here on in, hope it won't be soon.

I lodged my application on 7 march. Case officer requested medicals on 8 April..Medicals were forwarded to dept. on 15 April. Anxiously waiting since then.

I don't think we have a case officer yet, as were going through an agent & he hasn't said hes heard anything yet :( waiting is a strong point for me with this

Maybe you'll just get the grant if you've provided all the documents required. Just wandering what takes them so long after you provide all required documents.

Maybe you'll just get the grant if you've provided all the documents required. Just wandering what takes them so long after you provide all required documents.

I know tell me about it & fees are paid, I spose they may be busy, understaffed and then the timing of it aswell doesn't help as things seem to be slowing down for new year starting 1st of July, were at are whits end here, partner has been let go last sept and were just praying things can get better from here!