What did you keep for the last month in uk after the container has taken everything??

Louisek

Hi

Myself, partner and baby (currently 8 months old!) have booked our one way flight for the 9th October!!! We are renting our house in the UK out so are looking at shipping our stuff in a container around the end of august then living with parents for a month!!! I was just wondering what everyone kept with them for the last month especially with having a baby and all the restrictions on airlines with luggage!!??

Lou xx

Hi Lou

Its not easy trying to decide what to leave out. We where not too bad are container took are stuff on the Tue, and we stayed in house that nite and left on the wed for a nite in a hotel before we flew out. Saying that stuff we left out we found would not go in case so my Daughter got to post it out.

Good luck Deb

We kept as much as we could as we had 3 months in the UK and a month travelling from end of January with 3 kids in school and all their winter activities followed by hot holidays! Of course you're also got to survive without your container for a while in Oz!

It will depend on who you're flying with and whether you will have an unvalidated visa when you fly as Singapore airlines, for example, will give you 30kg in the hold plus 7kg in the cabin but if you travel on an unused permanent visa they'll increase you're hold allowance to 40kg.

We also kept back car seats which they have been fine about us taking.

Some guys at Gatwick also told me that you can take shopping bags onto the plane in addition to your cabin allowance. I saw loads of people doing this on our flight from Heathrow to Singapore. It doesn't even need to be a shopping bag from a shop within the airport! They told me the worst for this are flights to Ghana; some passengers take ikea bags on as they're shopping bags!

You'll also be fine to check your buggy. I'm not sure if you can take a travel cot but you can usually get/sell these pretty easily second hand.

Lou

Edited by Lou8670