Banks & charges

Guest Guest6235

Guest Guest6235

Do all the banks out in Perth allow you to use their ATM without charge if you bank with another company. Also do HSBC charge a monthly/yearly fee to bank with them?

Guest Guest6235
Do all the banks out in Perth allow you to use their ATM without charge if you bank with another company. Also do HSBC charge a monthly/yearly fee to bank with them?

Also do you need to have an oz bank account in place before you can set up with ozforex / moneycorp etc as surely they would want to know the destination account number when setting it up?.

Also do you need to have an oz bank account in place before you can set up with ozforex / moneycorp etc as surely they would want to know the destination account number when setting it up?.

Yes you do need a destination bank account, you can get most Aussie bank accounts online, but you will need to do the 100 points ID check in a branch when you arrive before you can access your funds, i signed up with ANZ online and then went with HiFX for forex transfers, found out the hard way when I tried to pay for short term holiday rental with my Aussie bank account from the UK, i had the account, could deposit as much as i wanted, but couldnt get to it until i went to a branch and did the ID check, there is an ANZ branch in London, so you could go there to do a ID check

Guest Guest6235
Yes you do need a destination bank account, you can get most Aussie bank accounts online, but you will need to do the 100 points ID check in a branch when you arrive before you can access your funds, i signed up with ANZ online and then went with HiFX for forex transfers, found out the hard way when I tried to pay for short term holiday rental with my Aussie bank account from the UK, i had the account, could deposit as much as i wanted, but couldnt get to it until i went to a branch and did the ID check, there is an ANZ branch in London, so you could go there to do a ID check

Cheers Druid, I noticed you had that problem when I was searching for info. I've just looked at torfx moneycorp and ozforex earlier and put in what I will initially transfer and its all pretty similar what I would get in $. I keep getting called by Lucy at ANZ so she maybe able to tell me more, although I might look at NAB also.

Cheers Druid, I noticed you had that problem when I was searching for info. I've just looked at torfx moneycorp and ozforex earlier and put in what I will initially transfer and its all pretty similar what I would get in $. I keep getting called by Lucy at ANZ so she maybe able to tell me more, although I might look at NAB also.

Have a look at HIFx, I got a better rate with them, you can sign up with most banks online, they are all about the same as each other, robbing gits :shocked:

Guest Guest6235

Just been emailing Lucy at ANZ (London) and she said the fees after the first year of no charges are $5 per month but if $2000 passes through the account each month then no charges apply. The money doesn't have to stay in that account.

Just been emailing Lucy at ANZ (London) and she said the fees after the first year of no charges are $5 per month but if $2000 passes through the account each month then no charges apply. The money doesn't have to stay in that account.

We dont get any bank charges, we do have an "annual" fee for having a qantas frequent flyer credit card, but thats minimal, might even get rid of it yet, the idea was to get points and use them when we went exploring, but life takes over and exploring the rest of australia is now on the bottom of the list, getting this house built and out of renting is top if the list

Guest Guest6235

Just looked at HIFX @Druid and if the example calculator is anything to go by I'd get $60-70 more with them than I would with Moneycorp. This obviously depends on what amount is being transferred I guess.

Just looked at HIFX @Druid and if the example calculator is anything to go by I'd get $60-70 more with them than I would with Moneycorp. This obviously depends on what amount is being transferred I guess.

When i first got here I tried them all and consistently got more out of hifx, it was also a lot easier to use than the rest, now im using them to send money back to the UK

Guest Guest6235

It may not show up as a charge, the $15 maybe just taken off your sum so may not notice.

Below is a response from ANZ

Hi,

Thank you for your email,

Even with using a foreign exchange company ANZ would still deduct the $15 receiving fee. It is an automatic process when receiving international funds into the account.

Guest Guest6235

Which bank did you use in UK @Druid to transfer money from and did the bank ever call you to check if it was legit and nobody was committing fraud on your account. I've just read some things online about Santander (who I'm with) and some people have had to take proof in before transfer was made......how the hell do you do that when you're in oz.

Which bank did you use in UK @Druid to transfer money from and did the bank ever call you to check if it was legit and nobody was committing fraud on your account. I've just read some things online about Santander (who I'm with) and some people have had to take proof in before transfer was made......how the hell do you do that when you're in oz.

I have an issue transferring with santander, so just send my money to my barclays acount from santander, then on to oz