Shipping - any extra 'hidden costs' once in Perth?

Raychelsb

Did you with mould and mildew cover HLV

We did go with mould and mildew cover in the end, along with pairs and sets and electrical derangement, as they threw in all three 'optional extras' together for somewhere around 1.5%. We used PSS for shipping (can't fault them by the way!) and used their insurance as well, as they agreed to match the quote we had from insureyourmove (PSS didn't include the optional extras for that price, but also didn't charge the 6% marine insurance some other companies charge on the premium). I am just too lazy and disorganised to arrange the insurance separately, I only emailed them our final inventory the day before they came to collect our stuff!

For stuff like clothes we just gave them an overall figure and didn't have to break it down any further into number of items or anything like that, although it didn't amount to much as most clothing came in our luggage.

We must've timed our groupage shipment just right, it was only 7.5 weeks door to door.

Good luck to all of you at the getting ready to ship stage of your journey, can't believe that we've been here 6 months already!

Guest Guest6235

I sent our forms off to Crown yesterday so only time will tell as to what they are like. We used their insurance as they brought it down to be almost on a par with some external insurers, also their excess is not as much as those either.

Did anybody insure their clothes in the shipment? Most of our clothes will be with us in our cases, the clothes we are shipping have to have a rough figure down for how many items of clothes there are. With the £100 excess we're actually wondering whether it's worth covering them.

You often have to cover everything in the container otherwise they'll class it as being underinsured and will pay out % less equivalent to the % you were underinsured so in afraid you'll need to insure everything at face value.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Can I ask all those who have had their containers arrive recently, roughly how much was paid when the container hit the docks, did you have to pay for any extras, were your goods ok on arrival would you recommend the company etc. and anything else that could be useful, thanks in anticipation .

Can I ask all those who have had their containers arrive recently, roughly how much was paid when the container hit the docks, did you have to pay for any extras, were your goods ok on arrival would you recommend the company etc. and anything else that could be useful, thanks in anticipation .

Hi Odies. Our container arrived two weeks ago and our goods were delivered to us last week. We paid the standard $240 for customs clearance and nothing else, and nothing had even been opened for checking. We have had some furniture damaged so we are putting a claim through insureyourMove at the moment, we used Britannia in the UK and Chess in Perth and I would recommend both companies. Some of our furniture smells of damp, we've had to put one mattress outside to air, but they had been stored and wrapped up in an empty house before shipping, so 6 months in total, so to be expected I suppose. We packed clothes and bedding in vac pack bags and they still smell fresh!