Friends needed :)

MrsMorgs

Hi. I am married to a permanent resident and have just started the process of getting my partner visa. I have been travelling between here and the UK for the past 2 1/2 years but still don't know anyone. I'm feeling lonely and home sick for family and friends so would love to meet up for a coffee or a glass of wine with a few people. I live in Gooseberry Hill and am almost 49 years old. I do have a car but am not that keen on driving over here so would be more than happy to bus to a location. Looking forward to maybe making a friend or two :)

Hi. I am married to a permanent resident and have just started the process of getting my partner visa. I have been travelling between here and the UK for the past 2 1/2 years but still don't know anyone. I'm feeling lonely and home sick for family and friends so would love to meet up for a coffee or a glass of wine with a few people. I live in Gooseberry Hill and am almost 49 years old. I do have a car but am not that keen on driving over here so would be more than happy to bus to a location. Looking forward to maybe making a friend or two :)

Hi Mrs Morgs

Id be happy to meet up, I'm not a million miles away, I'm 40 and have been here a few months. I don't really use this site as I'm on the main site pomsinoz. But more than happy to go for a coffee etc if you like. It isn't easy making the move and even though I know a few people here, I could do with some female friends :-). I've no little ones to worry about so grown up venues are most welcome :-)

Hi. Thanks for the reply. It would be great to meet up. I don't have little ones either so am more than happy for it to be a grown up venue. Suggestions welcome :) any week day (during the day) would suit me best at the minute. I'm not working and need to get out the house!!

• 3 weeks later...
Have sent you a PM with my details :-)

Hi ladies

hope you don't mind me joining your thread?!! It's my first time on this forum and it was a huge relief to see that people have similar feelings to myself, at the moment I feel quite alone and in need of some female company (nothing against my hubby but you know!!).

new to the area (Hocking) and it doesn't seem like the easiest place to make friends, with no job yet I have loads of time and would love to meet up for a coffee/walk/ chat whatever!!

would be great to hear from you.

Jo

Hi Ladies, there is a meet up tonight of members in the city. Generally it is aimed for the over 35 s but we are not ageist!! We are meeting in the moon and sixpence murray street in the cdb near the perth underground station. If you want to come along (with or without partners) feel free. Generally it is couples, but singles welcome if friendship is agenda. I will most prob be wearing black jeans and red jacket if you unsure who I am, and will be sitting on a larger table with lots of other loud brits lol. We normally sit outside as quite a few of us, so bring a jacket if you feel the cold after sundown.

Hi Jo. Lovely to hear from you. I have messaged Gill this morning to try and arrange to meet again for a coffee. Once I have heard back from her, I will message again and see if you are able to join us. If not, we can arrange something to suit you and I. Not really sure where Hocking is. Gill and I meet in Midland. Is that anywhere near you??

Hi Jo. Apologies for not getting back to you yesterday, I was out all day. Good luck with the interview today :) I am busy all day today so would have been unable to meet but Jill and I are meeting tomorrow at Midland Shopping Centre at 12 o'clock for a coffee/lunch at The Coffee Club. If you fancy meeting up with us as well that would be great. Send me a private message and I will let you have my mobile number. Hopefully see you tomorrow. :)

• 3 months later...
Hi Ladies, there is a meet up tonight of members in the city. Generally it is aimed for the over 35 s but we are not ageist!! We are meeting in the moon and sixpence murray street in the cdb near the perth underground station. If you want to come along (with or without partners) feel free. Generally it is couples, but singles welcome if friendship is agenda. I will most prob be wearing black jeans and red jacket if you unsure who I am, and will be sitting on a larger table with lots of other loud brits lol. We normally sit outside as quite a few of us, so bring a jacket if you feel the cold after sundown.

Hi I have just read your post about the meet up you had recently. My husband and I are originally from the UK have just recently moved to Perth after seven years in Canberra and would love to meet new people.

Do you still meet up and if so would you mind if myself and hubby came along?

Thank you in advance

Carol and. Graham

Hi I have just read your post about the meet up you had recently. My husband and I are originally from the UK have just recently moved to Perth after seven years in Canberra and would love to meet new people.

Do you still meet up and if so would you mind if myself and hubby came along?

Thank you in advance

Carol and. Graham

Hi Carol

Where u living.Not been a meet up for a while will have to arrange one.

Hi ladies

hope you don't mind me joining your thread?!! It's my first time on this forum and it was a huge relief to see that people have similar feelings to myself, at the moment I feel quite alone and in need of some female company (nothing against my hubby but you know!!).

new to the area (Hocking) and it doesn't seem like the easiest place to make friends, with no job yet I have loads of time and would love to meet up for a coffee/walk/ chat whatever!!

would be great to hear from you.

Jo

Hi Jo,

I'm in Landsdale which is about 10 mins away from Hocking. If you fancy meeting up sometime that would be great. You can pm me if you like.

Hi Ladies

Sorry Jo, I haven't been on here for ages. I know you met up with Mrs Morgs and I wasn't able to make it.

If you still want to meet up then drop me a PM. The same to Kaza also.

Im NOR, I'm working full time Mon to Fri. Drop me a message if you want to meet for a coffee.

Or if anyone else needs to make friends or has a meet up arranged?

Hi Ladies

Sorry Jo, I haven't been on here for ages. I know you met up with Mrs Morgs and I wasn't able to make it.

If you still want to meet up then drop me a PM. The same to Kaza also.

Im NOR, I'm working full time Mon to Fri. Drop me a message if you want to meet for a coffee.

Or if anyone else needs to make friends or has a meet up arranged?

Allways up for a meet up

• 2 months later...

Hi Allan

i would suggest you look at the Perth meet ups website when you get here as it has lots of activities and meet up groups for all ages and types of people. We belong to the fishing one if that's your bag. You can also start your own.

Scarborough is a fun place so I'm sure you'll meet people particularly when you start working