doctor

boab

I wouldn't completely rule out the non-bulk billing docs. Most private billing docs bulk-bill kids, the elderly, simple problems, follow-up appointments, students, contraception, the unemployed, financial hardship, mental health... And remember when you do get privately billed you can get a lot reimbursed by Medicare. Find a family doc you like and trust.

I wouldn't completely rule out the non-bulk billing docs. Most private billing docs bulk-bill kids, the elderly, simple problems, follow-up appointments, students, contraception, the unemployed, financial hardship, mental health... And remember when you do get privately billed you can get a lot reimbursed by Medicare. Find a family doc you like and trust.

But on the flip side, my local one was $70+ a visit where medicare would only pay about half, and the doctors were not great.

Misdiagnosis, poor work (which ended up with me at A&E at midnight to fix some work they'd done that day), and treatments taking several visits (so you pay more).

Thanks for the replies. Strange here as back home as you very well probably know you register with your local GP and you are usually with them for years if not for life. You can't really register with a local GP here you just see anybody. O well mustn't grumble a just get on with it.