New to Freo

Hi

We have recently moved here from Thirsk, North Yorkshire, been in Freo for a week. Currently in a holiday let while we find a home. I am 44 my husband is 42 and we have 2 children aged 10 and 7. I am a nurse awaiting my registration to finalise and my husband is a skills trainer. We would love to meet up with people in the area as we don't know anybody yet!

Welcome.. Hope you settling in well.. When we arrived 2 years ago we stayed at a holiday let too until we found our home! We chose Southern River.. We are always in Freo we love it there.. Would love to meet up.. Got a partner and 2 boys 9 and 4 [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

we are from then the north east too originally!

but we have been here 10 years. I use to work in Freo as a nurse and have moved the last few years.

you will love it in Freo. My girls are 11. & 17 but we're the same age as yours when we got here. They settled in no problem at all.

We also didn't know anyone when we moved here. Everyone is really friendly.

Welcome to WA Jay Cross!

You're going to love it. Waiting for registration to come through can be a pain - my 2 weeks took 6 weeks, but sit back and enjoy the break.

Just wondering where you used to work? I did GP training all over North Yorkshire, Northallerton, and locumed in Thirsk for a few months last year. We're living in Kalamunda in the Hills (not as far away as everyone thinks) with our kids 5&3.

Hi

We have recently moved here from Thirsk, North Yorkshire, been in Freo for a week. Currently in a holiday let while we find a home. I am 44 my husband is 42 and we have 2 children aged 10 and 7. I am a nurse awaiting my registration to finalise and my husband is a skills trainer. We would love to meet up with people in the area as we don't know anybody yet!

Hi we arrived in WA on the 29th March and are living SOR. I am a midwife and all i can say is expect to wait with AHPRA. My registration has finally been completed yesterday nearly 6 weeks after arriving. ..I really hope yours is more simple cause it does drive you mad! Other than that we are loving life here in Oz! Oh and we are from darlington....have 3 children 13 10 and 8 and would love to meet up when your settled!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Hi we arrived in WA on the 29th March and are living SOR. I am a midwife and all i can say is expect to wait with AHPRA. My registration has finally been completed yesterday nearly 6 weeks after arriving. ..I really hope yours is more simple cause it does drive you mad! Other than that we are loving life here in Oz! Oh and we are from darlington....have 3 children 13 10 and 8 and would love to meet up when your settled!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Im a nurse too but got my rego sorted before we got. ...but that was a while ago but I Know it does take a while.

Hi

Hi Jay,

I hope you guys are settling in ok. My partner and I and our two children (17 & 8) have been in Fremantle for almost 2 years. We're out and about in Freo most weekends and it would be lovely to meet up.

Deb :)

Hi

I only qualified in October, but got a job at York district hospital for 5 months before coming here. I trained all over though, Northallerton, Bedale, Easingwold and Scarborough!! Didn't like that journey. Are you a GP here and are you finding the work/lifestyle balance better?

Hi Jay,

We've probably been to all the same places at different times, lol.

The work life balance is amazingly better. I'm 4 months into work here and still waiting to discover it's not as good as I thought it would be, but so far it is. As a GP I have much better control of my time, have time to talk to people and do a thorough job, far less paperwork, generally nicer patients (far less demanding and less likely to complain at every little thing), and all colleagues I speak to are just happier and more helpful. I hope this is going to be your experience too. Are you going into hospital or community work?

• 1 month later...