Carpenter needs 457 sponsorship

Guest kerry lee

Guest kerry lee

Can Anyone help!!!

Iam currently on a working holiday visa, but i want to make it more perminant. Ive been adviced by my agent that i need a company to sponsor me, can anyone help or point me in the right direction.

Ive city and guilds qualification level 2 in carpentry an joinery, have my own car and tools.

Please anyone i would be most greatful for any help

You might want to get in touch with a company called Nomad. They were looking for carpenters earlier in the year. They won a contract to manufacturer and erect buildings for accommodation at mining sites,millions of $`s an ongoing service when you consider the mining camps and establishments going on in the Pilbara. The buildings they make are called Donga`s ( usually self complete sort of bedroom/ensuite and kitchen area on minesites with a verandah) Other than that the guy who owns the BGC building company likes everyone to know he has the biggest group of contractors for construction work in this state. Len Buckeridge. what popped into my mind when I read this..:geek:

Guest carlos fandango
Thanks for that!! i am going to contact them straight away. see were i get.

Thanks again

Would be interested to know how you got on with your searchs if you dont mind posting back......I'm a carpenter and hoping to make it to WA in the not too distant future........

• 4 months later...
Guest happydingos

Hi,

I've just seen your ad stating your a carpenter like myself well i have just been offered a job to fit a kitchen measure up etc so really don't want to turn it down but i am wating for my tools to arrive so thought about sharing the job if you fancy it we could do it together i have a car white card etc can't turn it down just getting started here & desperate for work!Hope your available & wish to help, would be good to work with a fellow pom,as you know it's very hard to get work here & get started so i look forward to hearing from you,i am in joondalup,where are you based?Have you had any luck with work here?Many thanks Ian,a desperate pom!

• 4 months later...

I suggest you look up every site you can imagine, about refitting, renovations, kitchen refits..... look on renovation sites there are hundreds of them... linkedin, tradelink sites, bunningstradesperson warehouses. I use Mozilla and Opera search engines, instead of Internet explorer...

tradespeople need to check out the building companies who have contracts

in Karratha and other North west Pilbara towns. Also Homeswest (what you call Council houses are owned by the state), is in urgent need of tradepeople to repair the hundreds of houses they have no tenants in

to bring in money to keep the Housing Minister Happy.:biglaugh:Try Diploma Building company , they have won lots of contracts to build apartment buildings for yuppies in Joondalup, Midland and up North as well..

But also consider Local Government contracts, in country towns, sometimes they have to employ people from Perth as they have no =one qualified in the country towns as their contractors seem to head for mining jobs, more money, easier lifestyle...

But I warn you, do not just head for a mining town, and expect to walk into a job, as the jobs are applied for in Perth, and if successful, the jobs are allocated, as a house sometimes goes with a job. Some people head up there and wait for months just to get piece meal jobs for a few weeks, and have to live in their cars, or a tent... mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the noon day, out in the noon day SUN.... *by george its hot up there*:jiggy:.

did ya bring a water bag and a hat??