Help or advice needed folks

Bigjoe87

Hi guys/girls.

Me and my fiance want to relocate our family to perth. My partners both parents and 2 younger brother are already settled in perth. We holiday'd there 2 years ago and fell in love. I have no set qualification but my partner is an nvq level 2 qualified hairdresser. Would I be right in saying that was taken off the list? Her parents said theyde sponsor us but as I have family the likelihood of havin that option pushed through was unlikely.

Do we have any other options?

Any input or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi and welcome

there are two lists of occupations known as SOL and CSOL.

Haidresser is on the CSOL list. Unfortunately occupations on the CSOL require sponsorship and can not be sponsored by family. At present the only states sponsoring are NT and Tasmania.

If happy to proceed with one of these, she would need to check the skills assessment requirements for hairdressers to check if nvq2 is sufficient and how many years post qualification experience is required.

Thanks for the reply. We have said that if it ment goin to another state for a short time we would so thats defo an avenue were gonna look at.

Shes currently doin a qualification in childhood studys with the open uni. Just thought if we cud get out on the hairdressing we cud start the ball rolling sooner.

Thanks for the reply. We have said that if it ment goin to another state for a short time we would so thats defo an avenue were gonna look at.

Shes currently doin a qualification in childhood studys with the open uni. Just thought if we cud get out on the hairdressing we cud start the ball rolling sooner.

How long ago has she worked as a hairdresser full time? The reason being, a skills assessment requires post qualification experience and a lot of it in the recent years.

A qualification in childhood studies is unlikely to help unless it is at degree level as a pre primary teacher - a degree plus what ever the assessing body require for post qualification experience. So, as long as she has experience as a hairdresser and it is relevant, that is likely to be the better option.

As mentioned, Australia requires pre school to have a minimum of a university bachelors degree.

Skills assessments for hairdressers require 3 years in the last five of experience.

At at the moment, I think you are going to struggle to qualify. You certainly need an assessment from a good migration agent. Camilla is a member of the forum and helps out with advice. I would give her an email. Send as much detail as possible and probably attach the link of this page to assist.

Her email is camilla@newlifedownunder.com.au