Jump to content

Resident return visa


Recommended Posts

Hi All

Could any body help me regarding the situation with the resident return visa,as I understand it when having been granted a 143 parent visa after 5 years since the visa was granted if I leave Australia,on holiday for example,would I need a resident return visa and are these generally granted?

Also is there a time limit to return to Australia from when the 143 visa was first activated ,,i.e. after entering AU to activate the visa then returning to the UK.

Thank you for taking the time to read this Question (I hope it makes sense!!!!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are living in Australia when the travel portion expires and you wish to leave and return to Australia such as a holiday, you would need an RRV. In such circumstances it would normally be granted easily and quickly and you would get a 5 year RRV.

Once you have activated your visa by visiting Australia within the 12 months of police or medical check you then have 5 years to make the move before the travel portion of the visa expires. If you haven't made the move to Australia by then, there is a risk they wont grant an RRV, though generally they are lenient.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...