Anyone taken Cats to Perth recently?

Guest Lissa

Hi All

I am a nurse, and my husband and I are looking to emigrate asap as long as visa comes back ok that is!

We have two cats and are not prepared to leave them behind, so can anyone give me any tips on 'emigrating cats'?

Lissa

Hi Lisa,

I'm a nurse too and we brought our cat Becky last January. She actually celebrated her 1st anniversary a few days before us!!.. Becky was 15 when we moved and we did take the advice of the vet because of her age, he said she was healthy and there shouldn't be any problems.

We used a company called pets on the move http://www.petsonthemove.co.uk because they had a local franchise near where we lived. They were brilliant, did all the organinsing for permits etc., We had to ensure her vacinations were up to date and we had her chipped. It's not cheap £1,300 but worth making our kids happy and our family complete. Hubby did say it would be like leaving one of the children behind as we'd had her longer than them!

Pets on the move, did pick Becky up from our home and took her to the airport. The box she was in was roomy and fitted her cushion which we sent with her.

Byford quarantine station isn't big compared to others and when we enquired in August 06, the first available date was mid December, we were moving in the January so were able to book her in a few days before we flew out, but it does book up so you need to plan ahead.

You can visit your pet ... we didn't as the children decided they'd be too upset leaving her again and just wanted to pick her up and bring her home, so that's what we did. There was a fee to pay this end of a few hundred $ (sorry can't remember exactly how much) for picking her up from the airport out of hours etc.

I've probably bored you and you're soundly sleeping lol

Hope this helps

Ali x

• 9 months later...
Hi Lisa,

I'm a nurse too and we brought our cat Becky last January. She actually celebrated her 1st anniversary a few days before us!!.. Becky was 15 when we moved and we did take the advice of the vet because of her age, he said she was healthy and there shouldn't be any problems.

We used a company called pets on the move http://www.petsonthemove.co.uk because they had a local franchise near where we lived. They were brilliant, did all the organinsing for permits etc., We had to ensure her vacinations were up to date and we had her chipped. It's not cheap £1,300 but worth making our kids happy and our family complete. Hubby did say it would be like leaving one of the children behind as we'd had her longer than them!

Pets on the move, did pick Becky up from our home and took her to the airport. The box she was in was roomy and fitted her cushion which we sent with her.

Byford quarantine station isn't big compared to others and when we enquired in August 06, the first available date was mid December, we were moving in the January so were able to book her in a few days before we flew out, but it does book up so you need to plan ahead.

You can visit your pet ... we didn't as the children decided they'd be too upset leaving her again and just wanted to pick her up and bring her home, so that's what we did. There was a fee to pay this end of a few hundred $ (sorry can't remember exactly how much) for picking her up from the airport out of hours etc.

I've probably bored you and you're soundly sleeping lol

Hope this helps

Ali x

Hi Ali

Sorry.. but have not been on this site for ages!!! Thank you for your useful advice on cat transport... we have 2 cats and I will not be leaving them. They are my family, and who tells me differently should mind their own business in no uncertain terms.

I have been allocated a Case Officer now.... so I hope it does not take too long to get an answer. I am hoping to get out late summer to look for employment.

Thanks again

Lissa x

you don't fancy taking my two siamese cats to perth with you to keep yours company and we will collect them in about 12 months from you:D

Hi Ali

Sorry.. but have not been on this site for ages!!! Thank you for your useful advice on cat transport... we have 2 cats and I will not be leaving them. They are my family, and who tells me differently should mind their own business in no uncertain terms.

I have been allocated a Case Officer now.... so I hope it does not take too long to get an answer. I am hoping to get out late summer to look for employment.

Thanks again

Lissa x