Employer Spons orship for UK Spark - Is it possible??

Alanlisa

Hi all,

I am new to this site and we are currently looking into our options for visas.

My OH is a spark with approx 15 years experience including his apprenticeship. Can anyone tell me where (if there is anywhere) you can look online to gain employer sponsorship? Or if anyone can give advice as to how they did it.

We have looked at 175 & 176 visas but we think the quicker option might be to find sponsorship from a company.

Any help appreciated. x

:smile:

A sponsored visa will likely be quicker. We looked into last year, and assuming the rules haven't changed too much, the general gist is you need to find an employer who will offer a job and do the sponsorship. so it's job-hunting with a couple of extra bits. There's a few intricacies to be aware of - the main one we noticed was a sponsored visa will usually state you must remain with that employer for 2(?) years (which could be a gamble).

I'm sure someone who's done it will be able to add more info!

Guest sophiesindall

Hi there, we're in the same boat and I'm seeking work for my other half too - lol. He has completed the Oz electrical training with a company called Down Under Tradies we also have just been approved by Vetassess. We are going the 457 visa route and have a recruitment company called Astrum helping us.

Guest sophiesindall

The training course itself costs £3000 but they are also helping to find us a job too. They work closely with the recruitment officers and also have visa agents on hand to answer questions. They have a website www.downundertradies.com so may be worth a look. I'm not sure how these qualifications hold up when applying for work in perth, but they are Oz reconised ones. The Vetassess approval was the thing my husband found harder as that's a huge on-line form (around 8hrs worth), then a day long practical, verbal and written exam. That cost £1800 to get and you will need that before you can apply for a visa. So I'd recommend getting that first before the course... I hope that helps :-)