Applying for job in Perth with the ambulance service!!!

Guest medtech999

Guest medtech999

Hi, im a 32yr male, i work for the NHS Ambulance service back here in the UK as an Emergency Medical Technician, currently awaiting a paramedic conversion course but have been woooed by the opportunity to come to Perth and work for the WA St Johns Ambulance, i would be able to be converted to a Grade 2 Ambulance officer initially.I do hold 2 degrees and have spent time in HM Forces and as a police officer for West Mercia Constabulary, i meet the grading criteria/points score to allow me to apply to emigrate.Are there any other ex-UK Paramedics or IHCD EMT's here in Perth, i would love to know more about the differences in Pre Hospital care compared to the UK.Also i am loking for general advice from anybody regarding moving over here, the WA St.John would be paying for my VISA and associated costs, i would have to find somewhere to live and sort out a bank account, car etc...I am only applying for the position so far so have not yet been offered a position, any info at all about living over there would be of great benefit to myself. My cousing spent 3 years living in Oz but on the East coast and i do not know of anybody else who lives there...Thnks in advanceMark

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...